Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SOLD - 4 NOS center caps, Fuchs, Mahle, Pedrini
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
arne
I've decided these caps may be too good for my car, so I'm going to offer them to people who might have better restored cars to use them on.

Full set of 4 factory center caps for Fuchs, Mahle and Pedrini wheels. Brand new in original boxes. Date codes on the boxes show production in June 1989. Part number 914.361.303.03.

As new condition, beautiful original finish. Perfect for concours use.

$430 for the set, shipped and insured in USA. Contact me for international price. PayPal OK. Price is firm, if they don't sell I'll go ahead and use them.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
thelogo
430 bucks for caps
I mean this is getting ridiculous

For that kinda money they must have come off of
Ralph naders personal 914 or something.

I have a pair of nos tail lights lenses that have never been used

I paid 50 for em few years ago would sell them today for about
100 .if i was selling

But i wouldn't ask 1500 bucks for em cause they just aint worth it smoke.gif

I always thought this was the land of the cheap sob

Who the hell is buying caps for 430$ ?
mepstein
Thelogo- I'll buy your pair of lens for $100, shipping PayPal, etc.
Arne - the caps are a cool find!
914_7T3
What's the buddy price? drunk.gif
thelogo
They are my back up lenses and nothing else

I mean is this a car enthusiasts site or
Full blown retail store .

It just pisses me off.

welcome.png
914_7T3
It would be interesting to know how many Concours 914s are out there that could use these. It's supply & demand, you can always buy an aftermarket set. My feeling is we are sitting where the 356s and 911s were many years ago. There's a lot of $30k paint jobs in this town for 911 & 356 restorations. It's all where you want to be.
arne
@thelogo - So you aren't a buyer for these at my price. Fine with me, feel free to shake your head, mutter under your breath and move on, nothing more for you to see here.

@914 7T3 - Sorry Jeffrey, no buddies price on these. beer3.gif

As I noted, I'm firm on the price. I based it on informal offers I received when this set was first discussed in my build thread. Yes, the price is high, but the parts are rare and exceptional. But at that, if I can't raise enough cash from them to do something nice for my car, I'll just keep them and use them. Yes, I may have the market judged wrong. If so, that's my problem, no one else's.
tweet
I agree they are expensive. They are also rare to find and as a set of four NOS. The last set that I saw sold was about 3-4 years ago for about $350 and they did not languish. I have seen higher prices asked on eBay and they also sold. It is not an item for a person minding the budget, but there are buyers out there that will spend the cash, especially if they have been waiting years to find a set.
914_7T3
QUOTE(arne @ Aug 14 2017, 07:35 PM) *

@914 7T3 - Sorry Jeffrey, no buddies price on these. beer3.gif

Ok,you can think about it!

av-943.gif
thelogo
What's the world comin too

Did it ever occur to you to sell them at a fair price
So someone might think they got a good deal

And fyi i only buy stuff that is local pickup

And ill move on when im good and ready
thelogo
Ok im ready to move on now

I just have to much class to click on any ebay link .

beerchug.gif beer.gif
mepstein
They are a fair price if you know the market. Just like all the parts that used to be cheap years ago and aren't cheap today. Might go for a grand in another couple years.

Bob Russo told me one of his buddies couldn't get rid of a Porsche RSK spider for $6,500 back in the day. Now its a million dollar car. Probably more. The market changes. No reason for Arne to sell for less than market value.
euro911
Yeah, there's been a sharp uptick in 914 parts prices over the past 2~3 years - kind of mind boggling at times ... like $700. NOS Hirschmann radio antennas screwy.gif

I usually take ebay prices with a grain of salt, but have to admit, I've found some fantastic deals on [real] Porsche parts there from time-to-time.

As for caps, 914 rubber sells some really nice repros for those of us that aren't necessarily concerned with having [or paying the premium for] pristine OEM caps ... they look just as nice.

Me, I run ATS wheels without any caps (even though I have some) ... I think they look better without them shades.gif
thelogo
[quote name='mepstein' date='Aug 14 2017, 08:42 PM' post='2517107']
They are a fair price if you know the market. Just like all the parts that used to be cheap years ago and aren't cheap today. Might go for a grand in another couple years.

Bob Russo told me one of his buddies couldn't get rid of a Porsche RSK spider

Isnt that considered to be a barely street legal

Through bread race car .

Cool looking but not really good for wendys drive thru
Mikey914
Yes, NOS prices are defiantly on the rise. Only make mine look like a bargain. They aren't making any more.... yet. At a certain point Porsche will make these again. If it's worth their while.
Mike Fitton
Hey Logo why don't you start your own thread to complain about NOS parts prices instead of commenting on everyone's for sale thread. Your living in a fantasy world saying you would sell your NOS rear lenses for $100 proves it. Got anything else you want to sell for 1/3 of market value I will have you ship direct to the next buyer.
914Next
Arne I sent you a pm.
Rob-O
QUOTE(Mike Fitton @ Aug 15 2017, 04:42 AM) *

Hey Logo why don't you start your own thread to complain about NOS parts prices instead of commenting on everyone's for sale thread. Your living in a fantasy world saying you would sell your NOS rear lenses for $100 proves it. Got anything else you want to sell for 1/3 of market value I will have you ship direct to the next buyer.

agree.gif

What happened to the rules of the forum? You know, the part that says don't bash people's items. Don't like the price of the part? Fine, don't buy it. But don't complain about it either. Commenting on the guys asking price was rude.

These cars are getting expensive to keep in original condition with original parts. Everybody here realizes that (or they should). If it gets too expensive maybe it's time to get out of the marque? There are lots of inexpensive cars out there that are fun, have fans and have decent forums (Miata?).
76-914
QUOTE(mepstein @ Aug 14 2017, 08:42 PM) *

Bob Russo told me one of his buddies couldn't get rid of a Porsche RSK spider for $6,500 back in the day. Now its a million dollar car. Probably more. The market changes. No reason for Arne to sell for less than market value.

agree.gif Eppy's got a point; like it or not! beerchug.gif
thelogo
Just saying what needs to be said

" all my life they were against me
But I beat the bastards and left em in a ditch.
My grandmother throws harder then that"

T.C
arne
Sold.
tweet
QUOTE(arne @ Aug 15 2017, 11:47 AM) *

Sold.

Congratulations on your sale. I guess someone saw the value in your NOS, very difficult to find original Porsche parts. I'm sure the person that bought them will double his money in a few years if he decides to resell at a later date. These will never go down in value, only up.
euro911
Sign of the times. I might have to come out of retirement to afford these cheap little cars any more ... unsure.gif

... nah laugh.gif
tweet
QUOTE(euro911 @ Aug 15 2017, 02:40 PM) *

Sign of the times. I might have to come out of retirement to afford these cheap little cars any more ... unsure.gif

... nah laugh.gif

It's still a Porsche. I think some 914 owners lose sight of that. They've never been cheap to buy, own, drive, maintain, or restore. We've been more than lucky that no one of notoriety has paid attention to the 914. The day a celebrity or popular movie features the 914, watch out.
Mike Fitton
QUOTE(thelogo @ Aug 15 2017, 07:41 AM) *

" all my life they were against me
But I beat the bastards and left em in a ditch.
My grandmother throws harder then that"

T.C

See logo that is where you are wrong, it doesn't need to be said here on the sellers thread. Over on the early911Sregistry someone started a thread titled "Seriously" and everyone who can't control commenting on what they believe is an outrageous asking price for a part they post a link on this "Seriously" thread and can bash away and complain all they want. Its not cool to post negative comments on a for sale thread just because you think it is over priced. Just my .02
euro911
QUOTE(tweet @ Aug 15 2017, 11:45 AM) *
It's still a Porsche. I think some 914 owners lose sight of that. They've never been cheap to buy, own, drive, maintain, or restore. We've been more than lucky that no one of notoriety has paid attention to the 914. The day a celebrity or popular movie features the 914, watch out.
More like a Volksche ... or a Porswagen rolleyes.gif
arne
They've never been cheap to buy, own, drive, maintain, or restore.

I have two friends, in 1976 both of them wanted to buy a new 914. One was in Oregon, the other in Utah. Neither did, they couldn't quite swing the deal due to price. Both of them ended up with X1/9s because they were considerably more affordable.

Both laugh at their Fiat days now. One owns a Boxster S, the other a 911T targa.
Chris914n6

I paid between $500 and 3500 for each of the 6 cars I've had and I think that's pretty cheap. It's nice that the car I paid $1000 for and spent 4k on the swap/upgrade is worth north of 15k now, but since I'm not selling all it really does is make insurance and repairs costlier.

NOS have always been more valuable, that's why there are repros for the drivers. Good luck finding anything NOS for a classic Chevy. The few things I can get from the dealer are, well, dealer price $$$$.
There is one popular member/seller that likes to comment that all other seemingly high prices are great values, I assume to drive up prices and his profits. But on my side of the Country I scored a whole SC front suspension for $700, so there is no way I would pay $295 for just a 'clean' aluminum crossbar. I think the 'no comment' rule needs to go both ways.
thelogo
There is no doubt about it they are overpriced
But do to scarcity or rareness of those parts surfaceing

You can get top dollar for them

But lets be honest if supply was plentiful

We would not even be having this discussion.

I apologize for negative comments that i should not have made

But to all members (except for seller ) saying and telling me what to and not to do its great that you have the forum to comment

But ....

flag.gif
Woodside914
Dang!! ~ That was a GREAT deal folks....damn, if I'd seen those sooner, I would have grabbed em'!

Whoever thinks those 4 NOS EOM caps are overpriced, have you tried finding any others just like this?

They just aren't out there......$100 each in unused factory NOS condition is well worth the price boys & girls.

Congrats to Buyer (and seller)
Front yard mechanic
That's it I'm going in the cap making business drunk.gif
raynekat
That was a great deal for those caps.....definitely.

They sold in "no time."
That's your proof that they were priced correctly.

These cars are transitioning from being Vdubs....to real Porsches.
Complaining about high prices won't get anyone anywhere.

You have to be resourceful, come up with reasonable alternatives, etc to thrive in today's market.
euro911
QUOTE(raynekat @ Aug 15 2017, 08:04 PM) *
... These cars are transitioning from being Vdubs....to real Porsches.
Complaining about high prices won't get anyone anywhere ...
Not being able to afford parts won't allow some folks to go anywhere either :jack stands:

poke.gif
Mikey914
QUOTE(Front yard mechanic @ Aug 15 2017, 07:03 PM) *

Yes,
But it will not be NOS. Unfortunately there are counterfeiters for parts as well.
euro911
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Aug 16 2017, 11:55 PM) *
QUOTE(Front yard mechanic @ Aug 15 2017, 07:03 PM) *
Yes, But it will not be NOS. Unfortunately there are counterfeiters for parts as well
I like to refer to them as reproducers of NLA parts ... you know, like 914 Rubber poke.gif
gcrotvik
The caps are now available from Porsche Classic. Here is their latest additions to the Classic Catalog for 2017. A set of 4 caps run $250.00. Order through your local Porsche dealer's parts counter. Not trying to diminish any 3rd party vendors effort to provide parts for our cars.

I messaged one of the vendors on eBay that is selling a set of NOS caps for $700.00 that the caps are now available from Porsche. He responded to me saying that they are not NOS, but new, and not the same. I have to question that logic. My guess is that the new caps from Porsche Classic are pretty close to the originals.

http://files1.porsche.com/filestore/downlo...ews-02-2017.pdf
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.