Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Early Handbrake Lever
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
gcrotvik
I purchased an early handbrake assembly. I was surprised to see the clevis pin used to hold the cable to the handbrake assembly. Is this correct or did someone get inventive?

Thanks,
Greg
PancakePorsche
It is correct and original.
gcrotvik
QUOTE(PancakePorsche @ Aug 16 2017, 08:57 PM) *

It is correct and original.

Thank you!
914work
Um...beg to differ.
Ive seen more than my share of these cars and Ive only seen that fasteners used to hold the Accel cable clevis to the pedal cluster.
What I think should be there is a Pin with a slot on the bottom for a retaining clip.
The pin is similar to those used at the R. e-brake actuating arm, but longer to fit thru the multi part end of the short cable.
That I can recall its the only one like it on the car.
Though I must admit Ive never looked it up in PET
mepstein
I've only seen a pin and clip
gcrotvik
QUOTE(914werke @ Aug 17 2017, 07:47 AM) *

Um...beg to differ.
Ive seen more than my share of these cars and Ive only seen that fasteners used to hold the Accel cable clevis to the pedal cluster.
What I think should be there is a Pin with a slot on the bottom for a retaining clip.
The pin is similar to those used at the R. e-brake actuating arm, but longer to fit thru the multi part end of the short cable.
That I can recall its the only one like it on the car.
Though I must admit Ive never looked it up in PET

I looked in the PET and it shows only the pin with the clip. No different part or part number for early cars.
PancakePorsche
My early "70

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.