Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Moving Help/Advice
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
MadeRight
I'm moving to Phoenix, AZ from PA in September. I just got a 914 last summer and really want to keep it, yet, it's expensive to move. The car's in pretty good shape (CA Car), except some rear-end body work that needs to be done. I've gotten estimates for $1200 to fix the body work. Everything else appears to be orginal, and in fair shapre for a 74.

Here's the deal... I'm moving out west to work for a non-profit group that feed the hungry children of the world. In taking this job, I also took a lower salary caus' it's a worthy thing to do. So, I have a $5,000 budget to move all my stuff (family of 5) across the country!

Would you sell the 914 and buy another "some day", or would you ship it across the country with you? It's not in good enough shape to drive, or I'd do that.

Those of you who would say "ship it", please respond with company references whom you have heard do a good job. I can get my own results from google, but want to hear whom others have used.

Those of you who would say "sell it", how should I determine a price?

I really want to keep this thing - I've wanted a Porsche my whole life - but I don't know that I can spend the limited resources to ship it out there?

Thoughts?

merrill
Hello,

I would call North American Van Lines and check into one of the big haulers that can take all your stuff and a car. I know the big companies have vehicles that can carry your car inside with all of your personal belongings.
tat2dphreak
tow it... you can put it on a flatbed trailer for very little... plus you'll be close to Los panchos when you move... I bet they can do the body work cheaper... smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.