Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dash Vinyl- 70-74 or 75-76?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Morrie
Hi Guys,

Please help, I'm frustrated.... Sort of a newbie question here, but trying to get my 76 dash correct. The car came with no vinyl on the radio plate, and the glove box does not match the rest of the dash. I found an inexpensive glove box door that matches the main dash, and am trying to source a radio plate. I have tried ordering from two sources what I believed to be "late" vinyl radio plates, and both times got the version that does not match the main dash. So, can you tell me, which is correct for my 76? #1, or #2? I thought #1 was correct, but now I am unsure.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Tom_T
Morrie, the top one #1 is correct for your 76 (75-76 MY "Brickweave" pattern).

You can get the material in rolls or bulk yardage to make your own dash vinyl, glove box covering, & radio faceplate.

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
Morrie
QUOTE(Tom_T @ Aug 16 2017, 03:38 PM) *

You can get the material in rolls or bulk yardage to make your own dash vinyl, glove box covering, & radio faceplate.

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////

Thank you Tom! Looks like the ones I have gotten so far from suppliers have not been correct. Soon I will have my glove box door matching, now to get the radio plate. Little things like this bug me, probably because it's what I see from the driver's seat.

Morrie
flat4guy
QUOTE(Tom_T @ Aug 16 2017, 01:38 PM) *

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////

Where can I get material for my 73? Thanks
Wyvern
I had wrong pattern shipped from 2 suppliers !
Morrie
QUOTE(Wyvern @ Aug 16 2017, 05:23 PM) *

I had wrong pattern shipped from 2 suppliers !

Exact same experience here. I bet we shop at the same stores.
914Sixer
Go to 914Rubber.com
PancakePorsche
I find door cards at the swap meets for cheap and cut all the pieces I need out for absolute correct appearing dash.
Mikey914
IN stock easy to ship. The interesting thing is the late is actually bonded to the metal, so to make it stick you need to strip it.

Also I'll admit it. We did screw this one up. We are making it right.
Mark
Eric_Shea
welcome.png Morrie!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.