Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: GT front hood pins and plates
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ken914
I am converting to the composite front hood lid. I want to make or get factory correct stainless steel hood plates and pins. I found a drawing of the hood pins, but it is too faded to read the dimensions of the plates. Does anyone know the factory dimensions of these plates.

Also, the drawings seems to say that they used 4x40 mm pins. Does anyone know if this is correct?

Any help will be appreciated!

RON S.
I just made mine from some aluminum plate.I fitted each one to each corner,and drilled to fit.Then buffed them out to a polished finish when I was done.
The pins came from Pegasus Racing.

Ron
Eric_Shea
I did "exactly" what Ron did.
Scott S
me 2...

michel richard
Ron, Eric Shea . . . can you provide dimensions ?

TIA
DougC
As for dimensions, look in the lower right hand corner of the above drawings in Ken's post..it reads "scale 1:1" so doesn't that mean that the picture is actual size and configuration?

Doug C
RON S.
All I did was mount the pins in their locations first,Then cut a pc.of cardboard,with the hole in it for the pin.After sizing it several times I felt comfortable with the aesthetics,and then cut the pc. from aluminum.I did one side of the car 1st,then mirrored the aluminum for the other side.I hand filed the edges for a tru-to-form fit with the hood edges.Then buffed them on my buffer.No big deal,probably 2-3 hours work total for the whole setup.

Ron
Mueller
QUOTE (DougC @ May 18 2005, 11:57 AM)
As for dimensions, look in the lower right hand corner of the above drawings in Ken's post..it reads "scale 1:1" so doesn't that mean that the picture is actual size and configuration?

Doug C

i don't understand the "pins", are they 40mm in length or ???

are the thru holes in the deadnuts center of the plates??
URY914
Aluminum hood pins look much better than the chrome ones
And lighter too!
I think mine are from Moroso.
The actual clip is stainless steel.

Paul
lapuwali
I've held Al and steel hood pins in my hands, and I was amazed at the weight difference. I didn't have a scale small enough to weigh them accurately, but if I was going to use four of them just to hold the hood down (or 6, if you remove the hinges and just have a lift-off hood), I'd go for aluminum. If you're really not hung up on the factory look, there are also some nice pins where the sliding part is captured by the top plate, which is round. No loose pins to deal with, a you don't have to safety wire anything to keep them attached to the car.
Eric_Shea
I can get dimensions but again, I did "exactly" what Ron did.

I used a manilla-vanilla (or was that milli-vanilli) file folder and picture for then John Lowe's site to gauge the not-so-exact dimensions. I probably came within mm's of that drawing. Here's one of the pictures I used as ref.
Eric_Shea
This pic really give you details on the front one. I think these are stamped SS but man... I looked into that. The aluminum is the way to go.
Eric_Shea
Together
Eric_Shea
The mount... with somebody's crotch shot in there. icon8.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.