Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Elliot Cannon
You So. Cal. peeps might remember THOMAS from Germany. He is in the states on vacation with his niece and stopped by our place in Paso Robles. THOMAS was a fixture at most of the west coast events. He finally decided to go home to Germany and he has another 914 now. He promised to be a little more active on the web site and he said he would now that he has a 914 again. biggrin.gif (Our good friend Sean Connery standing on his right).
Steve
Great guy. I swung by his machine shop years ago to have him shave down my shift rod for the PMS firewall bearing. He wouldn't take any money to do it.
euro911
T H O M A S sent me some PMs a while back saying he was planning to visit ... not sure when he's scheduled to drop in to the So Cal area ... I'll shoot him a PM type.gif

It'll be great to visit with him again ... we (Dianne & I) miss the old bearded fart rolleyes.gif

Sean Connery's come and gone ... Daniel Craig is the new Bond poke.gif
914_teener
Good to see!

Ah ser gut.

The Haloween Runs were fun.
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(euro911 @ Aug 16 2017, 05:48 PM) *

T H O M A S sent me some PMs a while back saying he was planning to visit ... not sure when he's scheduled to drop in to the So Cal area ... I'll shoot him a PM type.gif

It'll be great to visit with him again ... we (Dianne & I) miss the old bearded fart rolleyes.gif

Sean Connery's come and gone ... Daniel Craig is the new Bond poke.gif

Sean Connery will ALWAYS be, "Bond, James Bond". biggrin.gif
76-914
In the classifieds, I had offered to buy a slider inorder to make a locking tool for the tranny. That weekend when I went to an early G&R event Thomas walked up and handed me one. He wouldn't accept payment and did not know me from Adam. Good guy. My nephew moved back to Germany, too! beerchug.gif
euro911
QUOTE(76-914 @ Aug 16 2017, 06:18 PM) *

In the classifieds, I had offered to buy a slider inorder to make a locking tool for the tranny. That weekend when I went to an early G&R event Thomas walked up and handed me one. He wouldn't accept payment and did not know me from Adam. Good guy. My nephew moved back to Germany, too! beerchug.gif
'LIKE'

That's T H O M A S for ya first.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Aug 16 2017, 05:12 PM) *
You So. Cal. peeps might remember THOMAS from Germany.

He looks a bit dry ...
laugh.gif
euro911
laugh.gif a bit? ...
jim_hoyland
Good to hear. THOMAS helped me many times with my 924, organized the Holloween Runs, and made all Joe Sharps Bar-B-Ques. Those were some of the best times ! smile.gif
Mike D.
Hi T H O M A S ! bye1.gif

I still have a Thomas built transmission in my garage... waiting... smile.gif

euro911
QUOTE(Mike D. @ Aug 17 2017, 04:31 PM) *
Hi T H O M A S ! bye1.gif

I still have a Thomas built transmission in my garage... waiting... smile.gif
I have three piratenanner.gif ... one side-shifter in the 'BB', the tail-shifter that came out of Dianne's 71, and another side-shifter that's going into the '71 when the new 1.9L goes in.

T H O M A S only charged me $60 for rebuilding the tail-shifter, but only because it needed a new 1st gear and associated synchros, IIRC pray.gif

The other trannys only needed new seal/gasket kits that I purchased from Pelican.
Steve
Saw Thomas and his Niece at Diablo's in Vegas. What a treat, visiting Vegas racer in his natural habitat and running into Thomas and his Niece. Vegas Racer aka JP will be posting a pic later.
ndfrigi
Transmission on my last 75 1.8FI I bought from a member built by Thomas and still running or shift smoothly.
VegasRacer

Steve had sent me a PM saying he was coming to Vegas for business, so I was expecting to see him at Diablo's today.
We were both delightfully surprised when Thomas and his niece stopped by on their last day before returning to Germany.

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.