Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuchs sizes for standard 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
toronto914
What 5 bolt sized fuchs can I put on a standard 914(without fender flares) if I use the 5 bolt adapters.

Thanks for your help,

KS
Mueller
"maybe", 15x6 or a 16x6 with a 195 width tire for a bone stock rear fendered car.........those running that size rim should be able to tell you if they have an inch between the tire and the fender on the rear (I doubt it)...no problems on the front...it's the rear that gets tricky

some people claim a 23mm offset 7" rim works on the rear of stock fendered car (I don't believe them smile.gif )

the adapters (which are frowned upon) are normally about 1" thick

see the chart below (yes, there is a 15x7 rim that would work with the adapters, but those sell for about $500 each or more if and when you can find them)

user posted image

skline
If you could find a 14 inch you could run them with the skinniest tires you will find and it may fit. The adapter pushing it out further and you wont get much of a tire under there.
lapuwali
With adapters, I can't say. If you go 5-lug the "right way", you can comfortably fit 6x15 Fuchs under the fenders. My first 914 had this setup. Clearance was pretty snug on the right-hand rear fender, but fine everywhere else. It had 195/60 tires on it, but I think 205/50 tires would fit with only very minor work on one or both rear fenders (they're almost never symmetrical).

If you go with 6x15 wheels, make sure you get the ones with the 911 part number, not the 901 part number. You can tell them apart easily, as the 901 parts cost 2x as much. No good reason for this, just concours weenies requiring absolute authenticity.
retrotech
I have a just refinsihed set of 14", done with Black centers, new black, painted caps. Anyone?
Please PM to me.

Thanks
toronto914
Thanks for all of these points guys.

KS
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.