Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix 2017
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
MikeSpraggi
Just getting around to editing some videos. This is the Saturday Sprint race for the Big Bore Group. Us Medium Bore guys at the very back of the pack had some fun. The grid for Medium Bore was really packed and I did not asked to be moved...so there I was (we were) at the back of the pack. Turned my personal best lap time at Pitt Race in this sprint and surprised myself. Was able to complete the feature race on Sunday.....spoiler alert???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czvaXMlVr08

carr914
Is that a different venue from the past? I've never been but I thought I've seen pictures where there Trees close to the Track & Real Curbs like it was on a city street.
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(carr914 @ Aug 17 2017, 07:00 AM) *

Is that a different venue from the past? I've never been but I thought I've seen pictures where there Trees close to the Track & Real Curbs like it was on a city street.

There are two events. The one you saw was in Shenley Park, downtown Pittsburgh.
Mike's race is at the old Beaver Run, which has been renovated.
bretth
Awesome. Thanks for sharing the video.

Brett
gms
Looks like you had a great time piratenanner.gif

what is up with the shifter...is it a stock set-up?
wndsrfr
Sweet work, Mike...some nice cars there (including yours)....super editing, I like it!
MikeSpraggi
QUOTE(gms @ Aug 17 2017, 11:04 AM) *

Looks like you had a great time piratenanner.gif

what is up with the shifter...is it a stock set-up?

Hey Glenn, the shifter is a rather newly intalled Rennshifter. No problem with the shifter, in fact, it helps quite a bit. Problem was with the tranny. You kniow...it's a 901! Having it rebuilt now. It started showing signs of failure about the time the shifter was installed. Hindsight is always 20/20.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.