Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Way off-topic but pretty damn cool!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Cracker
Well, the GT40 has a BIG brother...they even room together!!! biggrin.gif

Tony

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

The little brother one bay over..and no, the rear tires/wheels are not photoshoped!!! happy11.gif

Click to view attachment
Mueller
"Force it's way thru the air" love it...thanks for sharing, almost had me shed a tear.
burton73
Wow, what a rocket. Enjoy and thanks for sharing!!

Bob B
db9146
Tony,

That is really wild!!! Wow!!!

Larmo63
Maybe number "13" wasn't so lucky for the good doctor?

That thing looks outrageous and very cool. Go for the gusto, go 200 mph in it!!!!!
Cracker
Despite his early passing...he was still richly blessed with a wonderful family and leaves an intellectual legacy (big time stuff). The couple of folks who were "let into his world" all miss him dearly. Doc was one of a kind...Godspeed Doc!

We are all going down the same road of life - some amongst us will simply breakdown earlier in the journey. The "40" chassis is #13 too - Fran at RCR kindly awarded Doc the serial number even though it was an earlier chassis (than that).

Driving a Cobra (any type) at over 150 is really insane/sketchy! I cut my teeth on three Cobras back in the day when I started tracking - not the best pupil but it teaches you car, throttle and recovery control. They are an absolute handful and have terrible balance with that short wheelbase, light as hell rear and bad manners.

Once a Cobra turns they tend to slip into a barrel roll and there is nothing you can do about it at that point - thus the hideous cage that completely encompasses the occupants in FireAnt. It definitely represents the term "function over form" well (and that is ok).

Good "judgement" has a chance at prevailing since I would like to walk my 14-year old daughter down the aisle...not to mention grandchildren someday!

T

QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Aug 19 2017, 12:30 AM) *

Maybe number "13" wasn't so lucky for the good doctor?
tygaboy
Wait a minute... Aren't you the same guy who was saying he had too many cars...?
poke.gif happy11.gif
I vote for one or both of these options:
- Take the project to fruition and get to 200 mph
- Pull the motor and put it in the 40

And as your consultant on this, you'll probably want to fly me to GA and arrange for me to drive the 40 at Road Atlanta! driving.gif

Seriously, that is right up there with some all time "Holy Moley" builds.
Just be careful - snakes can bite.
sixaddict
You need to change your signature to HPaddict!!
A return to your roots.....and AMAZING popcorn[1].gif
campbellcj
Daaaaaaaamnnnn....more wickedness
theleschyouknow
must be that time of the month, saw this in the garage at work for the first time yesterday
Click to view attachment

didnt talk to the owner but i doubt its got 1100 hp under the hood!

cool car! enjoy

beerchug.gif
cjl
Cracker
First start-up today! What does 9.8 liters at 12.5 compression sound like? Nasty.

Tony

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0XgIa8zaOE
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.