Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Damn Peanuts!!!!!!!!!!!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Dr Evil
So many of my current customers have sent me their things packaged in styrofoam peanuts. Now, MY HOUSE HAS BEEN OVER RUN WITH THE DAMN THINGS! They are evreywhere. Like sand at the beach. I hope I don't find them in my ass crack later bootyshake.gif

Be Kind, use bubble wrap, news papper, packing paper, anything but DAMN PEANUTS!

Just a friendly rant to lighten the mood biggrin.gif

(When will the twitching ssssstooppp?)
Lyressa Roberts
Hey, send me your peanuts!!!

Hehehe.

Get your mind out of the gutter!! tongue.gif (oops...maybe that's my mind?)
Dr Evil
Hey Lyressa, here is a teaser.

Look at my nuts!
mightyohm
Did you know that some packing peanuts are made of corn starch? They are usally the cylindrical ones that are mostly air. They are edible. So you actually have a new food source in your home. I have impressed (?) my coworkers before by eating packing peanuts. They already knew I was crazy though.

Edit - don't eat any of the ones in your picture, you might die.
Dr Evil
They taste like shit. I have tried them. biggrin.gif
MoveQik
My apologies Mike. I think the store that packaged my dash used peanuts after they wrapped everything in bubblewrap.

I do hope that my dash wasn't the one that put you over the top!

BTW - I won't be able to get the metal door tops to you until next week. Sorry.
736conver
Those things are evil. I curse everytime I get a package with them. They will mulitple. Soon they will be in your yard/driveway.
balljoint
QUOTE (jkeyzer @ May 18 2005, 03:53 PM)
Did you know that some packing peanuts are made of corn starch? They are usally the cylindrical ones that are mostly air. They are edible. So you actually have a new food source in your home. I have impressed (?) my coworkers before by eating packing peanuts. They already knew I was crazy though.

I put a bunch of them in my composter last summer.

Turns out they were the "not cornstarch" kind. Now I have little styrofoam peanuts floating up from my gardens every time it rains. screwy.gif
Lyressa Roberts
ROFL!!! I can see this thread going to the dogs REAL quick... lol2.gif
Dr Evil
Mack, no prob. Totally toung in cheek. Just wanted to give people somethng to laugh at.

But, if they are from your package then that means in the picture I am holding YOUR nuts! ohmy.gif

I must go wash my hand now.....and look at nekkid women. wink.gif
MoveQik
Oh ferchrisakes! When you said shipping and "handling" I had no idea. barf.gif
Dr Evil
HA! biggrin.gif
Lyressa Roberts
Oh, so those aren't your nuts, their Michael's nuts... lol2.gif
MoveQik
And who says this board ain't friendly?
Dr Evil
Oh, so those aren't your nuts, their Michael's nuts...  

Ya, mine are less fluffy wink.gif
GaroldShaffer
Thanks for the good laugh guys laugh.gif chairfall.gif beer.gif
bondo
QUOTE (Lyressa Roberts @ May 18 2005, 01:09 PM)
ROFL!!! I can see this thread going to the dogs REAL quick... lol2.gif

Close! My parents have a cat that will eat those "edible" ones. Edible may be the wrong word.. I think "biodegradable" is more what they were going for. I always thought they were cellulose. It's fun to lick them and stick them to things. smile.gif

As for getting rid of the polystyrene kind, get yourself a bowl half full of acetone. Work the bowl to the bottom of a box full of the suckers (without spilling it or you'll have a gooey mess), and watch them go the way of the wicked witch of the west (or is it east?).
MoveQik
QUOTE (bondo @ May 18 2005, 01:02 PM)
[/QUOTE]
It's fun to lick them and stick them to things. smile.gif

There is a joke in there somewhere rolleyes.gif
fiid
QUOTE (jkeyzer @ May 18 2005, 11:53 AM)

Or worse - you might do a floater.
chairfall.gif
fiid
Some packing/shipping stores will take them and recycle them.

(serious answer)
phantom914
QUOTE (bondo @ May 18 2005, 01:02 PM)
................... and watch them go the way of the wicked witch of the west (or is it east?).

I think it's west. My ex lives in California.

Andrew
GWN7
You can also use them for insulation.

I save those and the packing foam from boxes (yes I know I'm cheap) to insulate the crawl space at one of the other houses.

And no thanks for the offers to send me any you have..... wink.gif biggrin.gif
ewdysar
agree.gif The "friendly" packing 'nuts are considered biodegradeable, not edible, though I've heard that some typically high humidity areas, like Hawaii, can have some issues with the packing material shrinking during shipping, reducing the protection before the delivery is complete.

Food (or not) for thought (unlikely)

Eric
spunone
Just hope the Santa Ana winds don't start blowin nuts go every where happy11.gif
Red-Beard
beer3.gif Then get back to work on the car....
mightyohm
I've eaten a few and I feel just fine.
monkeydance.gif
Mrs. K
QUOTE (Dr Evil @ May 18 2005, 01:29 PM)
Oh, so those aren't your nuts, their Michael's nuts...  

Ya, mine are less fluffy wink.gif

wink.gif Mmmm? Can ya bounce a quarter off of em? wink.gif

Lisa lol3.gif
Joe Bob
The trans that MBE packed for Redbeard and shipped to me was full of those freakin' things....when the UPS monkey dropped it on my doorstep there was a ding in the box and that stuff was leaking out.

Of course we had "Sundowner" wind conditions that day and there was a trail all the way down the freakin' street. I come driving up the hill on the way home and it's blowing snow.....WTF....followed the trail all the way to my house.

Got the battery powered DeWalt shop vac out and started hitting the street.....got enuff of them up before anyone noticed where it started from.

Next day...even more pissed...found that the ding in the box also cracked the ear off of the trans. It's been six months and I still see some of those damn kernels blowing around.
mack914
Dr.- those were the only nuts I could get in the box, the others were to big and hard to part with.
Mack biggrin.gif wink.gif biggrin.gif wink.gif blink.gif
Mr.C
QUOTE (Dr Evil @ May 18 2005, 11:41 AM)
Like sand at the beach. I hope I don't find them in my ass crack later bootyshake.gif

Dude you just brought a memory back I would rather forget! Once when I was a kid my dad took me the exploratorium in SF. This one display you had to climb inside and feel your way through and you ended up in a huge bowl of bird seed. My dad grabbed me by the back of the pants and filled up my ass crack with the stuff! I had frickin bird seed in my crack the whole day! Thanks for the flashback. mad.gif
balljoint
QUOTE ("Z" @ May 18 2005, 07:22 PM)

Got the battery powered DeWalt shop vac out and started hitting the street.....got enuff of them up before anyone noticed where it started from.

Good man. Speaking as someone who lives at the downwind end of my street I thank you. I get to pick my neighbours windblown garbage out of my rhododendrons on a daily basis. I have thrown out so many cigarette pack wrappers that my wife has accused me of smoking.

(FYI we have cardboard cigarette packs in Canada, wrapped in cellophane, not the soft packs like in the USA)
jonwatts
Bubble wrap is more funner

virtual bubble wrap
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.