Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Exhaust Swap
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
BeatNavy
Today I swapped out my Triad exhaust for one of Tangerine's EVO-IV stainless steel silencers (center twin tip). Nothing really wrong with my Triad, but I wanted something a bit mellower. Also, the coating on the Triad wasn't standing up to the salty East Coast winters very well. I need to clean it up and then figure out what to do with it.

It's all in personal preference, but I'm very happy with the new one from Chris. It has a nice low note that is not quiet, but also not too loud (trying to be a good neighbor as I leave the house early sometimes). It's also noticeably lighter (and shorter) which made installation a bit easier for one person. And it comes with the bung pre-installed.

Another shout out for Tangerine: total order to delivery time was about 10 days, and Chris answered my questions promptly and completely. I'm always happy when I buy from his shop....

A work of art first.gif
Click to view attachment

And on the car. shades.gif I'm glad it looks good, as I don't have a valence to cover it up.
Click to view attachment
AndyB
I am on my second exhaust from Chris. It's a great product.
PanelBilly
Don't know about the sound, but it looks great on your car.
Triaddave
do you need to buy a new rear valence without the tail pipe hole and then cut in your new holes, or just do without?
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(BeatNavy @ Aug 19 2017, 06:00 PM) *

... total order to delivery time was about 10 days...

You got lucky. That's the last one I had "in stock". biggrin.gif
For the time being, until I have time to work on inventory, every order has a long lead time.
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(Triaddave @ Aug 20 2017, 01:35 PM) *

do you need to buy a new rear valence without the tail pipe hole and then cut in your new holes, or just do without?

The best look would require covering the original cutout and creating a new one around the center tips.
mepstein
I like the look without the valence.
BeatNavy
QUOTE(mepstein @ Aug 20 2017, 04:41 PM) *

I like the look without the valence.

Me too smile.gif . Which is good, as this car never came with a rear valence. I have a FG one now that I'm considering painting and installing, but I like the look.

I can still recommend Triad as a great product, Dave. As I said, just personal preference in terms of sound.

And I have to plug Tangerine, because Chris never does it himself!
wes
I love mine with out the valence, not sure the valence has any purpose except for looks seems like it would trap the heat, anyway I love the deep sound of the exhaust.

Photo with valance

Click to view attachment
wes
With out valance and more miles,,looks like polishing is in order.Click to view attachment
green ernie
QUOTE(Racer Chris @ Aug 20 2017, 08:24 PM) *

QUOTE(Triaddave @ Aug 20 2017, 01:35 PM) *

The best look would require covering the original cutout and creating a new one around the center tips.

Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
Robnxious
I have an exhaust and header set up from Chris that I am waiting on installing when my motor is done. He does great work, and is easy as heck to work with
pete000
NICE !
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.