Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Window/Top seals
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
North Coast Jim
Still trying to finish up the rebuild of a 74 2L in Bahia red. Runs great now with the carb jetting sorted out

Still working out the issues of roll up side glass sealing. Windows won't roll up all the way as the glass interferes with the Targa top side seals. This occurs on both sides of the car. In talking with Eric Shea he informed me that there is "914 Body Dimension" drawing in the archives. Found it - Great job Dave Darling for putting that together.

No amount of adjustment with the door glass closure mechanism will solve the issue. I've tried everything. Car was never damaged and has zero rust. Original seam sealer found throughout. Doors are not the originals and are late models. Original battery tray and no Hell Hole issues other than dust. Car is straight.

See Attachment drawing. The "f" dimension of 25 1/4" which is the distance of the opening at the top of the car, back of windshield frame to Targa top is at issue with my car. I measure 24 7/8" on the drivers side and 24 15/16" on the passenger side. The drivers side glass issue is the worst of the two and found to be the same with these measurements.

Click to view attachment

Seems I need to move the windshield frame forward.

Complicating the issue is the car is finished with windshield glass in sealed with butyl.

How does one move the windshield frame forward ??? Two BIG guys with muscle power or ?? Has anyone made a fixture so the correct amount of movement can be applied without other damage done to the car ?? Will I break the windshield when trying this stretch operation ?? Appreciate any input from those in the know.

Garland
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
North Coast Jim
Tried to edit the post and was able to attach the 914 Body dimension dwg I referenced.
PanelBilly
I'm also working n aligning the glass on the driver's side. I can get it close but not perfect. I'm about ready to pull out the chrome rail next to the wing glass and warp it with some gentle bending. You might try this
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.