Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need with reinstalling headlight covers.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
daytona
Hi,
I just got the my car back from the body shop and the headlights are all disassembled.
I have figured out how to reassemble the light assembly and motor, and also the headlights cover. What I can't figure out is how the small sheet metal piece in front of the headlight cover, between the cover and the bumper, is secured to the body (the one in the photo below). I looked in all the books I have including the the factory workshop manuals and there are no photos or descriptions on how to secure this small piece.
Can someone tell me how to attach it?
Thanks.
Bill.Click to view attachment
mepstein
Rubber plugs. 914rubber sells them. Don't use bolts.
Cairo94507
Yup- winner winner chicken dinner.
daytona
Thanks guys.
OK, first thing I have to look through the bas of parts that I got back from the body shop. If no plugs then another call to 914rubber.
Thanks again for the help.
This site rules.
Bill.
rhodyguy
More like a tapered nub that installs in the holes on the sides of the eyebrows. The tapered end goes in the similar holes in the bucket. New paint? New nub time.
daytona
Hi guys,
I found a bag that I think contains the tapered plugs mentioned above (see photo).
How does this hold the eye brow in place? Does it go in from the trunk side through the sheet metal on the light bucket and also the eye brow? or does it go in from the inside of the eye brow and just presses in on the holes on the side of the light bucket?
Sorry about the photo quality, it looked a lot better on the phone.
Thanks again for the help.
Bill.

Click to view attachment
Wyvern
I ended up using rubber wire grommets from the hardware store .
I found them easy if not easier to install as they were a bit more pliable.
Installed while headlight was up (relay removed) from the "inside" of headlight area.
PanelBilly
Make sure the screws on the covers are tight. There isn't much room between them and the edge of the hood. I had one come loose and chipped my paint.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.