Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Marina AX Sunday 22 May -- who's in?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nebreitling
Jenny, Lyressa: c'mon ladies, these things are WAY too much of a sausage fest. and what the hell happened to Birgit?

Andy: get your brakes/hubs/spacers resolved?

Trekkor: of course, w/ new brakes

Grant: of course, w/ quickly wearing tires (that's surprising, grant)

Howard: i'm hungry for frog legs, please deliver.

Demick: back from vacation?

Anthony: 'SC or '14?

Britain: assuming he's born, bring the kid!

Others who i am no doubt forgetting (sorry), please come! let's flood 'em with 914s!

more info (opens a pdf):

http://lpr.pca.org/flyers/20050522-lprax3.pdf
Lyressa Roberts
I certainly want to make it but I have several things working against me...and it's not all Brad. Last I heard my brakes were crap and I haven't gotten an update yet...then there is my right shoulder that still hurts like the devil...that'll teach me to sleep wrong...then this class I'm in really sux. They changed my weekly class schedule from Thursday through Wednesday to Tuesday through Monday. So now instead of having until Sunday and Monday to do homework, it's now due by Saturday. They really screwed me.

If I can get my homework done by Friday night and if I can raise my arm above my belly button without headbang.gif I'll be there...
9146R
Tempted - but SCCA has one same day at Oakland Coliseum....40 min drive vs 2+ hours....really would rather do the Marina but that means a REALLY early wake up. Jury is still out. idea.gif
Lyressa Roberts
QUOTE (9146R @ May 18 2005, 12:35 PM)
Tempted - but SCCA has one same day at Oakland Coliseum....40 min drive vs 2+ hours....really would rather do the Marina but that means a REALLY early wake up. Jury is still out. idea.gif

Oh yea...I also would have to get up with the worms, so that's another problem...can't go down early and get a hotel because of time contraints with school...Ugh... sad2.gif
nebreitling
ahhh, c'mon. we ALL have to get up early... any AX-morning i'm up at 5.30
SirAndy
QUOTE (nebreitling @ May 18 2005, 01:04 PM)
Andy: get your brakes/hubs/spacers resolved?

i was planning on werking on it tonight (@ scotts)!

rear is fine for now, won't run the spacers in the front (need longer studs first) so i need to remove the dust cover from the shocks ...

then there is the brake issue.

also need to make a bracket for the msd box, i don't think tech will like the fact that it's just lying in the hell-hole ...

but i have plenty of time to get this done before the event, so, right now it looks like i will be able to make it!

driving.gif Andy
Lyressa Roberts
QUOTE (nebreitling @ May 18 2005, 01:21 PM)
ahhh, c'mon. we ALL have to get up early... any AX-morning i'm up at 5.30

I'll revisit this thread on Friday to give a final update... biggrin.gif
anthony
Marina is a little far for me and Sundays aren't good. Five hours of driving down and back plus 8 hours of standing around all day is a little too much for me.
Trekkor
I'm definately in!

For all who are on the fence, here's some reasons why Marina is the BEST.

1. More runs then any other venue- 11 timed last event, plus an hour of fun runs.
2. Best surface in Nor Cal.
3. Fun group, very easy going. Friendly. Safety oriented.
4. Very twisty, technical courses- 45-60 second times.
5. Popular with the 914 crowd.
6. Catered lunch-you order, they deliver. 1 hour lunch break.It doesn't get any better.

KT

Oh yeah, and when you spin out...nevermind. wink.gif
J P Stein
Sorry, I'm tied up that day & the next with SCCA AXs....and I actually have a car that runs.....or it did the other day wacko.gif
I won't get down to CA till June 11 for that AX at Mather Field.
Don't let them SCCA guys scare you, come play. biggrin.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE (anthony @ May 18 2005, 03:55 PM)
Five hours of driving down and back

huh? wacko.gif

it takes me a little bit over an hour to get there from oakland. especially on a sunday morning, with no traffic ...

coming back in the afternoon is usually a bit longer, on a bad day, 2 hours, on a good day 1 1/2 ...

that makes 3 hours total driving time. i don't consider that bad at all ...

or, you can do what trekkor does, get there the night before and stay at the hotel right at the beach!
aktion035.gif Andy
anthony
Well, I'm at least 1/2 hour from Oakland so that's 4 hours of driving for me. Last time I went down to Monterey on a weekend it was 2+ hours down and 3+ hours back. If Marina was on Saturday though I'd probably be in.

1. More runs then any other venue- 11 timed last event, plus an hour of fun runs.

So what is up with GGR people? This last AX at Alameda was the second GGR AX in a row where most people left early and there wasn't enough people left who wanted to do fun runs. 8 runs isn't enough for me.
kermit
With all my excuses, people are going to start thinking I'm a coward.

I'm leaving for vacation on Saturday...

Looking at how Nathan has been driving lately, maybe I am scared!

Have fun peeps aktion035.gif
anthony
QUOTE (kermit @ May 18 2005, 05:17 PM)
Looking at how Nathan has been driving lately, maybe I am scared!

And he was doing all those corners on three tires! Wait 'till he gets those new rear springs and more negative camber.

grantsfo
My Yoko's like that surface and I'm defending my home region honor which is good for a 1/2 second. I'll be there.
9146R
OK...the jury has just been seated and the foreman has read the verdict.....GUILTY (of driving 2 hours vs 40 minutes)...I will skip the Oak-town fun fest and head for the Marina Mania with you guys (gals). Look forward to meeting ya'll....hope I dont forfeit my bail if I kill a couple cones. ohmy.gif
grantsfo
Oh yeah I will have new brakes this week too! No more going into corners with my right front locked up!
Trekkor
9146R!!!

Awesome, we will have as many as four 914-6's this weekend! boldblue.gif

Grant, what brakes did you get?

KT
grantsfo
QUOTE (trekkor @ May 19 2005, 07:39 PM)
9146R!!!

Awesome, we will have as many as four 914-6's this weekend! boldblue.gif

Grant, what brakes did you get?

KT

Same Porterfields as you and new discs will be installed on all 4 corners tommrrow. I was tired of going through corners with fronts locked up. I have been compensating by dropping the clutch early to try to help lock up the rears in my past two AX so it will be nice to brake properly now.
Trekkor
Is Rich installing it all for you tomorrow?
I need a new Terrycable, maybe I pop by instead of having it shipped.

KT
grantsfo
QUOTE (trekkor @ May 19 2005, 08:01 PM)
Is Rich installing it all for you tomorrow?
I need a new Terrycable, maybe I pop by instead of having it shipped.

KT

yep I'll be hanging out in the morning to early afternoon.
nebreitling
trek/grant et al

you guys wanna grab brkfst or lunch over there? there are about a million taquerias walking distance or we could run over to IHOP nearby

n
Trekkor
I'm all set.

I'm washing the car and glass, loading the trailer and truck.
We'll likely leave around 1:00 today and stay at Super 8 in Marina. May leave 4:00am tomorrow. unsure.gif Rather not do that.

For all: my tools and air are available for all. cool.gif
I'll be there at 7:00am for course set-up.

For the new people, let's make the effort to emphasize safety this time.
Flags at the ready, safe worker positioning and focus.

See you all on the course.

KT
Trekkor
I'm running late, but we're leaving tonight.
Hoping to be outta here by 4:00pm.

Dinner at A.J. Spurs chowtime.gif
10 minute drive in the morning. cool.gif

KT
nebreitling
got the 200 pounders in, set the ride height (bottomed out my torsion bars, just took the bolts out)...

went to a hospital parking lot and did a little skidpad excercise cool.gif ; ended up with the bar about 7/8 stiff.

as for camber: i've got -1.8 in the LF and -1.7 in the RF.

gonna hook up the tow bar. see you guys in the morning...
Brad Roberts
Reclock the adjusters... DO NOT LEAVE the adjusters out.

B
nebreitling
okay! i wondered about this, but it looked 'okay' to me. glad there's a proffesional nearby

n
Brad Roberts
glad there's a proffesional nearby

I just play one on TV. I dont actually know a damn thing about these cars.LOL

B
SirAndy
on my way !!!

driving.gif Andy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.