Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: can anyone identify those wheels
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
freezing14
I got a line on a 74 2.0 that has had the frame fixed,, just need cometic rust fixed , running 2.0, new leather seat,, how much is it worth,, and what the heck are those wheels
aylanco
confused24.gif Pictures??
nebreitling
pics dude, need pics.
freezing14
oops
tat2dphreak
huh.gif

need more info to tell you what the car is worth...

dunno the name of the wheels, but they be ugly
freezing14
the car is a 74 2.0 need cleaning, painting and bumbers as they are missing,, long are fixed as well as the hell hole,, back truck floor fixed, front floor has a small hole running 2.0 no smoke, still original FI, new leather seat not installed in yet, funny aftermarket console with storage box between the seats,, what else???
MoveQik
Can't ell you what kind they are but they look like they would be more at home on a 70's Pacer.
JohnM
Man- those wheels bring back some memories. Those are classic style examples for the early to mid seventies-- I can't remeber what brand they were but we use to call them "Mags" or "Mag Wheels". In elementary school I used to draw pictures of mini-pick up trucks with those kind of wheels on them. Thanks for posting the picture!! Keep 'em-- very period.
tracks914
I'm looking at the car too.
I've got more pictures and it looks like a real nice parts car.
He has no information on the hell hole and the car hasn't turned over in 17 years. At 76,000 miles it will need a complete engine and tranny rebuild.
There are no bumpers, gauges and other parts are missing too. It would take alot of money to put it back on the road but if you have another good parts car it can be done.
If it wasn't a 12 hour drive from here I would have picked it up this week.
tracks914
QUOTE (freezing14 @ May 18 2005, 12:09 PM)
, just need cometic rust fixed , running 2.0,

He told me last night
- that it hasn't run since 1987.
- he didn't know about the hell hole
- wasn't sure about the windshield
- front cowl was poorly patched
- he never changed ownership to his name (since 1987)
- "redid" the gas tank himself?
- holes in the floor boards
- hole in the front bonnet

All in all, if you buy it, don't pay too much.
laugh.gif I know I won't. wacko.gif
nebreitling
IMHO, in california, IF the body/longs/hellhole were 90% solid, AND the 2.0 was running, that would be a 1000 dollar car. without a running engine, i'd guess 600. substantially less with rust, obviously.

multiply by your "geographic coeffecient".
brer
there's a nice set on a car at UPull Parts here in San Diego.
I almost bought them myself, but decided not to.
American Racing.

I like them alot actually.
Trekkor
If they are 7" wide, I'll run 'em this weekend.

KT
SirAndy
QUOTE (freezing14 @ May 18 2005, 01:20 PM)
funny aftermarket console with storage box between the seats

schweet! that looks like a original AMCO console!

is it complete ???
idea.gif Andy
aircooledboy
I came within a standard female pubic hair of buying a set of those for my first 914. laugh.gif Problem was it was 1983, guy wanted $100 for them, and I only had $75 . He wouldn't go any lower, and at my $3.35/hr job, $25 was a LOT of money. chairfall.gif

As I recall they came off a bug, and were VERY popular. aktion035.gif
Dead Air
We can agree the engine's worth...$400???
$200 for the body, come and get it.
Uh...that would be $U.S.

Meet Ordella
Dead Air
QUOTE (aircooledboy @ May 18 2005, 04:15 PM)
I came within a standard female pubic hair of buying a set of those for my first 914. laugh.gif Problem was it was 1983, guy wanted $100 for them, and I only had $75 . He wouldn't go any lower, and at my $3.35/hr job, $25 was a LOT of money. chairfall.gif

As I recall they came off a bug, and were VERY popular. aktion035.gif

[QUOTE]

Blond, red or brunette?

In 1975, $25 would've been 14 ga. barbed wire. wink.gif
freezing14
I have talk to the guy, he said the engine has been filled with oil, so i might be lucky, the windsheild was good, he did not know about the hell hole but he has a frame master did a 3000$ job on it in 88 ( with recipt) I bought it i am picking it up this week end, I do a complete inspection and will see,,will very likely just take whatever i can to upgrade my newly restored 72, the car had been inside for 17 years, I am sure the sum of the parts are worth more that what I got it for, just sell the leather seats, and the mint rear light and the fog light, i will strip the 2.0 apart and see ,, could be a nice upgrade from the 1.7 in mine
freezing14
about the amco console,, it is complete ,, this car has the appearance package ,, so it should have had the stcok console in it ??????but this one looks nice too
tracks914
QUOTE (freezing14 @ May 19 2005, 06:40 AM)
about the amco console,, it is complete ,, this car has the appearance package ,, so it should have had the stcok console in it ??????but this one looks nice too

Not stock but still looks pretty good.
Let us know how the rest of the car looks.
How much did you get it for?
Obviously you offered him more than I did. headbang.gif
Tx
Dead Air
You live about 1.5 hours (US) north of where I graduated! Are you going to Mark's Show?? unsure.gif
SLITS
QUOTE (brer @ May 18 2005, 02:48 PM)
there's a nice set on a car at UPull Parts here in San Diego.
I almost bought them myself, but decided not to.
American Racing.

I like them alot actually.

agree.gif

Wheels are heavy though, compared to other Porsche alloys.
freezing14
to answer Dave, I will be going to the "canadian classic" I do not know what is the name yet,, but i volonteer to help,,

so here is story of the car, the guy did not know about a lot of things

outside body, looks rough but fixable ( see good body panel,), long are good,, actually that the only parts thats good, hell hole bad, back firewall bad, rusted console, poorly patched truck, the front trunk was ok execpt for a small hole, door jam gone, all lense good, chrome trim good( both window and targa)

windows,, all there and in great shape even has the defog back glass, good windsheild

interior: the console was in good shape and a set of LEATHER I SAID LEATHER Tan seat like new
black back pad good, passenger door panel good , driver shot

engine: I will have to strip it down first , I does turn by hand, lifted the valve cover and everything was wet with oil and freely moving, will see later

so I will be seperating myself of most of the stuff ( exterior and body)I will keep a couple fo spare here and there but Its got 1 month to be stripped out before it gets recycled,, will be posting in the FS section for detail
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.