Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Always make sure your connected
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
736conver
So I am getting excited that I got most of my wiring done with my six conversion. Did a little key turn and the starter kick the engine over. Now to add oil and listen to it run. Granted this is a multi-year project and I knew I had the oil lines done and "thought" they were connected. This is 5 quarts later. Time to get some kitty litter
DOH!!!!!!!!!!!
DougC
I have a bag of kitty litter waiting for when I fire mine up.. BTW, what size -AN is that, I have one but I want to add an in-line drain plug and don't know the exact size..though I think it "12". Which leads to my next question, where can I find an in-line drain plug to fit this -AN hose?

Doug C
xsboost90
the best is pouring in four quarts of mobil one and watching it run out where the drain plug is supposed to be. blink.gif
736conver
Doug,

You might want to try. pegasusautoracing.com

They are local for me and they seem to have all the AN fittings I need. They even have the metric to AN adapters which are hard to find.
Mueller
bummer, at least you didn't drive it.....a few years ago a guy in TX installed a fresh /6 motor in his conversion, started it up (he might have drove around the block), car ran for no more than 15 minutes, turned it off, tried to start it back up, the motor was seized......had "something" to do with the oil on the floor.... headbang.gif

cost him $5K to rebuild his brand new engine that only had 15 minutes on it....ouch....
SirAndy
aye caramba! icon8.gif

btw. never let a stranger check your oil-level at the track!
headbang.gif Andy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.