Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SOLD: Olympic Blue '74 1.8
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
tygaboy
Hi All -
Quite embarrassing but I'm just so focused on my LS build that I'm ready to abandon this lovely "easy bolt back together" '74. There's probably a couple days work to finish it. I'm just not motivated to do it. I was considering putting out the word to see if anyone wanted to come finish it. I'll happily pay you! But then the price goes up...

Hey McMark, you gonna be in CA any time soon? I could always fly you out... idea.gif

Anyway, for more details and pics, here's the thread I'd started that outlines what's been done. I'll happily take add'l pics for anyone who's a serious buyer.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...=296591&hl=

I bought it through Brad Mayeur at 914 LTD back in Oct of 2016 and had it shipped out to CA. It was originally a CA car but ended up in IL. Now it's back home.

All DMV stuff done and clean title in my name.

I had designs on getting it all done up and taking it to WCR 2016. I purchased all sorts of nice stuff and a fair bit of it done but then injured my shoulder and couldn't work on it.

Classic case of lost interest. That said, it's in wonderful shape. Dash not cracked, super clean underneath. Battery tray has rust (and I have the replacement metal for that.)

The list:
- essentially perfect 16 x 6 Fuchs with almost no miles on the tires
- PMB rebuilt rear calipers
- Rich Johnson rebuilt SC front calipers
- rebuilt / powder coated 3.5" 911 front struts w/new Koni Yellow sports
- all new wheel bearings/seals
- new ball joints
- new front rotors
- Rear Koni Yellow sports (new) with coil overs, incl. Elephant Racing helper springs
- PMB five lug conversion rear hubs and new 914 rotors
- Elephant Racing rebuilt / powder coated trailing arms, new bearings, new bushings, new pivot shafts
- turbo tie rods
- Bruce Stone rebuilt pedal assy
- 19mm ATE master cylinder
- Weltmeister front sway bar
- braided steel brake lines (front/rear)
- Tangerine Racing "full" fuel line kit - from the tank to the injectors, incl. stainless tunnel lines
- new fuel pump
- new clutch, pressure plate, throwout bearing, throwout arm bushings
- new clutch and throttle cables
- new shift shaft bearings
- new 914 rubber carpet kit
- new SeatBelt Planet seat belts
- You can have all the 4 lug take-off stuff that I still have (struts, rotors, I think I have the front calipers)

I'm sure I'm leaving stuff off this list.

A couple key points:
- None of the fuel system stuff is installed. The gas tank is out of the car but it started and ran just fine. There were no leaks when I drove it.
- The clutch and shift shaft items are not installed. The drive train is in the car, all stuff is hooked up and it'll run as is (once the tank is back in)

PM me if you're interested and we can talk.

Thanks for looking,
Chris
ndfrigi
wow sir Chris, that is a good deal especially after those works you did to the car!
Bump for a good deal!
MikeInMunich
Awesome deal. I wish I could take it, but alas, two is the limit, says the wife. dry.gif
Furia62
I sent you a PM
dax1969
Pm sent but how the hell can I ship a non runner to europe ? Grrr...and this color is my alltime favorit... why am I on the wrong side of the pond...
matthepcat
Awesome deal. This could have been assembled and driven down to car week in Monterey and a profit made.
tygaboy
QUOTE(Furia62 @ Aug 21 2017, 01:23 PM) *

I sent you a PM

Hi - I didn't get a PM from you... But you just got one from me!
Give a call or let me know how to reach you.
Chris
Freezin 914
PM sent.
tygaboy
SOLD!

Well, that didn't take long. Next time I'll ask more!

I'm sad to see it leave. sad.gif

Chris
dax1969

Good deal ! Time and distance was once again against me evilgrin.gif

Not giving up although

Bye
burton73
Dax,

Do not give up. You have to look everyday a couple of times. You never know when the perfect car will come up. This was it but it was gone fast.
Super deal, super nice. You have to be able to move fast.

Bob B
dax1969
QUOTE(burton73 @ Aug 31 2017, 05:57 AM) *

Dax,

Do not give up. You have to look everyday a couple of times. You never know when the perfect car will come up. This was it but it was gone fast.
Super deal, super nice. You have to be able to move fast.

Bob B

agree.gif biggrin.gif

My day will come ...

Krgds
Dax
pete000
Wow ! Nice buy on a well sorted car !
cary
QUOTE(tygaboy @ Aug 22 2017, 01:16 PM) *

SOLD!

Well, that didn't take long. Next time I'll ask more!

I'm sad to see it leave. sad.gif

Chris

Nice. Great car.
sholman5
Great looking car. To bad that you had put all the time and money into it
and never got the chance to enjoy it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.