Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Engine harness / battery area 914-6
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
IAA1963
Hi,

I got my fresh restored engine back into my /6. It comes with a new engine harness, but I am not sure about the exact run of the harness. Especially from the engine to the posive pole of the battery.
Also I did not find any pics of that area. Hope someone can help.

Best,
Mark

Mark Henry
Real or conversion?
porschetub
QUOTE(IAA1963 @ Aug 22 2017, 08:08 AM) *

Hi,

I got my fresh restored engine back into my /6. It comes with a new engine harness, but I am not sure about the exact run of the harness. Especially from the engine to the posive pole of the battery.
Also I did not find any pics of that area. Hope someone can help.

Best,
Mark

Is the battery positive cable built into the harness ?
IAA1963
It is a real /6 and harness was made based on the original one.
Mark Henry
does it look like this?

IPB Image
Mark Henry
I don't know much about the /6 but
top right is the starter and reverse switch w/boot
just below should be the CDI , not sure what the thick black wire is. I'd trace that one if it goes + on the alt it will be+ on the battery
left middle, red brown black, w/boot and grommet is the alt.
other than the relay plug not sure, I know they must be temp, pressure, idiot light, ground, etc

Hopefully someone will chime in that knows the /6 better than me.
Mark Henry
Got the pic from this thread, might help a little
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=277115
IronHillRestorations
Post a pic. Who did you get it from? Do you know if it's one of mine?
porschetub
QUOTE(IAA1963 @ Aug 22 2017, 09:56 AM) *

It is a real /6 and harness was made based on the original one.

Ok start by connecting your starter connection through the rear engine tin plate grommet and go from there ,the rest will come together,make sure that all your wires hang freely and not twisted up so leave then loose to start with.
Make sure you have a good connection altenator to engine case....real important.
Depends who made the harness Perry on here or Dennis on Pelican,if you got it oversea's you may find tech advise slower,its fairly straight forward due to colour coding but takes time,good luck.
porschetub
QUOTE(Perry Kiehl @ Aug 22 2017, 12:25 PM) *

Post a pic. Who did you get it from? Do you know if it's one of mine?

Glad you chimed in Perry....sorry to mention that fellow in Oregon but he's the one that patterns off looms sent to him so that why I mentioned that .....never got my 4cyl loom back from him...oh well sad.gif
IAA1963
Thank you guys. I added a photo.

The wire harness is installed completely now, but it looks too long. I had to make a loop coming from the positive pole of the battery towards the engine panel.

Is the position of the wire harness correct? Can someone post a some pics showing the exact position of the wire harness between the positive pole of the battery on the engine panel?

And what is this white cable on the left close to the engine panel good for, which is not conected?

Click to view attachment
Mark Henry
As I said I don't know much about the /6, but that battery connector don't look factory. unsure.gif
You could cut off the heat shrink, unbolt that battery connector and shorten up the cable. confused24.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.