Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Episode III at Midnight?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
CptTripps
I'm POSITIVE I'm not the only geek going to see Episode III at Midnight....am I??

I got 8 tix for the 12:01am DLP showing. Told all my programmers today that we'd be working late...a couple got pissed...then I told them WHY. I also gave them tomorrow off for having to work so late. wink.gif

We DID tell the 'new guy' that we were all dressing up...and he was Chewbacca. lol2.gif

So who else is going?
Lyressa Roberts
I'll be shooting for Sunday...
Andyrew
Friend of mine saw it friday night.
Jenny
I'm going tonight. At first, I was like "I'm getting too old for this shit." Then I thought about it some more, and Lucas is never going to make 7, 8 & 9, so this is it. The last Star Wars coming to a theater near you. So why not? It's fun to stand in line and see all the freaks that come out to play. biggrin.gif

Jen
bondo
My wife and I are going! It's at the Fremont, which is this HUGE old art deco theater in San Luis Obispo. It's gonna be awesome, but I'm not looking forward to the line.
eeyore
Did somebody say "GEEK!" ???

I'm there. chatsmiley.gif
skline
I will be in class until then, if I am not too sleepy I may go out and see if it is playing anywhere. Otherwise, it will wait till a matinee during the day when I can go. Maybe tomorrow? Yeah, I am a geek too. I have every episode on DVD and VHS. unsure.gif
Jenny
Royce, the line is the best part! It's like camping out, but not. We've got a group going together. Bring a throw blanket, throw it on the sidewalk, and sit your ass down! Bring a DVD player and watch episode 1 and 2 if you want. Sure to draw a crowd. We rarely get together with our friends, so its a perfect excuse for a nice BS session.

Scott, if you didn't get tickets already, it *should* be sold out. A matinee sounds great. I wish I could see it as a matinee. Cheaper too. dry.gif

Geeks Unite!! bs.gif

Jen smile.gif
tat2dphreak
I'm leaving work early tommorrow to go, if I can...
bondo
QUOTE (Jenny @ May 18 2005, 02:08 PM)
Royce, the line is the best part! It's like camping out, but not. We've got a group going together. Bring a throw blanket, throw it on the sidewalk, and sit your ass down! Bring a DVD player and watch episode 1 and 2 if you want. Sure to draw a crowd. We rarely get together with our friends, so its a perfect excuse for a nice BS session.

Scott, if you didn't get tickets already, it *should* be sold out. A matinee sounds great. I wish I could see it as a matinee. Cheaper too. dry.gif

Geeks Unite!! bs.gif

Jen smile.gif

Yeah, it'll probably be ok, but I just can't get myself to look forward to it. I just hate lines in general I guess. I might bring the laptop, there's a coffee shop near the theater that has free wireless.

We already watched episodes 4, 5, 6, 1, 2, and all of the clone wars cartoon series (supposedly fills in between episodes 2 and 3).
anthony
I feel sleepy now. There's no way I'm going to make it until 12:01.
Mueller
gotta wait for our free movie tickets for the show to arrive....wife got a new phone yesterday which came with a coupon for 2 free tickets to the movie...

chunger
11:00pm tomorrow night. . . housemate works at google and got free tix smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif
ArtechnikA
QUOTE (Jenny @ May 18 2005, 05:08 PM)
Royce, the line is the best part!

i'm pretty sure it'll be out on DVD by Christmas :-) ...

but i have to share my "line" story.

i went to see THE 'Star Wars' movie when it was "THE" Star Wars movie -- what we now call "Episode IV" (no one knew why then...) it opened on a Friday, there was a writeup in NewsWeek that showed a picture of Han Solo and Chewbacca and we thought it'd probably be pretty hokey but worth a shot. went for the Saturday midnight showing and the word was starting to get out. we figured the place would be deserted but there was a line around the theatre which we duly got at the end of.

an hour goes by, but the people at the front of the line had been there for almost two. eventually the line starts to move, and some of the people leaving the prior showing say stuff like "it's worth the wait" so there is hope... we get to the theatre proper and - there's nobody there!

went and got great seats smack in the middle of the theatre.

finally figured it out: half the people in front of us had passed the time drinking beer; the other half were passing joints up and down the line. the beer people split for the bathrooms, the grass people headed straight for the snack bar, and those of us who hadn't been working so hard to get a good buzz on got the good seats!
klink
My son and his friends are going at 1am. It is a school night so that should be interesting. I remember driving to Hollywood to see the original Star Wars. It was excellent. Mistake I made was going a second time and getting run into by someone getting on to the freeway. Ofcourse being young and long haired it ended up being my fault. Honestly I was minding my own business and this lady just ran into my right front wheel and sent me into the fast lane where I got the whole left side of the car tore off. Everybody sued me and I fought it in court. Nobody showed up in court to fight it but somehow I got the judgement against me. I have never had a whole lot of faith in our justice system since then. So that's how I remember Star Wars. Hopefully history will not repeat itself. It will be sad to think there will not be another episode. It has been a great run though.
scottb
saturday am for the son and i...... at least that is his plan.
CptTripps
Just got back...here's the report.

KICK ASS!

This is the 'Star Wars' everyone has been waiting for. The dialog is better than the last two. The love scenes still suck. But damn if that little muppet can't kick some ass.

More tomorrow...I'm tired as hell...and I've got to wake up and paint my bumpers. wink.gif
eeyore
barf.gif

chair.gif
Red-Beard
Wait in line? Too old for that crap. Bought my tickets on line for Sunday Morning. Tickets were still avail for last nights showings at 6PM last night.
FriarJohn
We finally have a decent theater in Helena, which opened this week just in time for Episode III. By decent I mean stadium seating, comfy seats, 8 big screens, digital sound, and online ticket purchasing. Got a free preview Tuesday night (saw 'Be Cool'). You don't even want to know what the old theaters are like. I expect them to dry up and blow away really soon. I can't even imagine what ROTS would look like in a digial projection theater and/or IMAX. My head would explode.

About a dozen geeks from work are playing hookie and going to the 2:15 showing today, the first daytime showing.
ematulac
The oldest guy in our programming department went to the midnight show. The rest of us geeks are jealous. laugh.gif
rhodyguy
the local multiplex has it showing on 5 out of 9 screens. first show starts at 9am. i'll wait a week or so and go when the kids are in school. if some dope wears a storm trooper helmet i'll be bouncing Mike & Ikes off the back of their head biggrin.gif . i can't remember the last time i paid full admission price for a film. matinees only for me. anikin skywalker is darth vader!!! who would have guessed? rolleyes.gif biggrin.gif

k
Gint
I was in the Navy. You couldn't take a crap without waiting in line. I avoid lines like the plague that they are! I'll wait at least 3 weeks to go and then I'll go early to an early afternoon matinee so I can get the best seats and not wait in line. I'd rather sit in the theatre 45 minutes early than wait in line. Did I mention I hate lines?
xsboost90
dorks.. cool.gif
Jenny
So.......... tired......... must........ drink........ coffee.......

Movie was kick ass! I laughed, I cried, it was great.

Oh, and Porsche content: Saw a blue 914 gassing up by Lawrence/101 in Santa Clara when the movie got out, just shy of 3:00am. Schweet!!

Jen
Joe Bob
QUOTE (Gint @ May 19 2005, 07:17 AM)
I was in the Navy. You couldn't take a crap without waiting in line. I avoid lines like the plague that they are! I'll wait at least 3 weeks to go and then I'll go early to an early afternoon matinee so I can get the best seats and not wait in line. I'd rather sit in the theatre 45 minutes early than wait in line. Did I mention I hate lines?

Me three....lines sux, that's wahy an AX is not that fun to me anymore. Only went to SD to test Manny.....

Amusement parks are the worst. I sacrificed my opinions to take my monsters to Disneyland last year....never again.

I'll drive by the theater in a week or so and see how the Friday Matinee is doing line wise....
Mueller
I'm upset Bai Ling isn't in it anymore....I guess they cut her out due to her upcoming Playboy issue wub.gif

user posted image

damn censorship, hahahahahaha
Gint
QUOTE ("Z" @ May 19 2005, 10:00 AM)
Me three....lines sux, that's wahy an AX is not that fun to me anymore.  Only went to SD to test Manny.....

Amusement parks are the worst.  I sacrificed my opinions to take my monsters to Disneyland last year....never again.  

I'll drive by the theater in a week or so and see how the Friday Matinee is doing line wise....

At least they sell beer at Disneyland... givemebeer.gif That's the only way I can tolerate standing in a line.
Allan
QUOTE (Gint @ May 19 2005, 09:09 AM)
At least they sell beer at Disneyland...    :givemebeer:    That's the only way I can tolerate standing in a line.

They sell beer at Disneyland??? I have never seen anyplace there you could buy it. Always had to take the monorail to the hotel.

Oh yeah, I hate lines too. Maybe a weekday matinee.
Jenny
I think they only let you booze it up in the California land, or whatever it's called.

Jen

edit: California 'Adventure' is what they're calling it. I forgot. Wineries and other such nonsense. wacko.gif
ArtechnikA
QUOTE (Jenny @ May 19 2005, 02:12 PM)
I think they only let you booze it up in the California land, or whatever it's called.

i haven't been to either (from back when there were just two) in a long time, but what i recall was that there were a couple of places in the "International Showcase" at the FL park. not EPCOT but the other side. "England" in particular has a pub where you could get Bass Ale.

i don't recall being able to get alcohol anywhere in the CA park, except on some of the few special occasion nights -- i recall a "Magic Night"...

but that was a long time ago, when dinosaurs roamed the earth. oh, wait - that was just the Exxon exhibit at Epcot. nevermind.
Root_Werks
QUOTE (tat2dphreak @ May 18 2005, 01:09 PM)

Me too, hopefully. Wife and I got tickets for Friday evening. boldblue.gif
Joe Bob
QUOTE (Root_Werks @ May 19 2005, 12:57 PM)
QUOTE (tat2dphreak @ May 18 2005, 01:09 PM)

Me too, hopefully. Wife and I got tickets for Friday evening. boldblue.gif

Watch out....there might be a "Full Moon" out.... bootyshake.gif
tat2dphreak
as it turns out, I can't go until sunday:(

I didn't want to see the non-DLP version... and the DLP version is sold out until then...
Gint
QUOTE (Headrage @ May 19 2005, 11:57 AM)
QUOTE (Gint @ May 19 2005, 09:09 AM)
At least they sell beer at Disneyland...    :givemebeer:    That's the only way I can tolerate standing in a line.

They sell beer at Disneyland??? I have never seen anyplace there you could buy it. Always had to take the monorail to the hotel.

Oh yeah, I hate lines too. Maybe a weekday matinee.

K, I take it back. That was Disney "World" that sells hooch. You guys are right. D.L. in CA doesn't. I'm never goin again!
Rockaria
Saw it at midnight, went home slept 6 hours and then went back again today. I love my Guberment job... Getting paid to see Star Wars...

smilie_pokal.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.