Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Is this really a 914-6 fog light?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
edrotol
Hope I am in the correct forum.

Bought a set of fog lights, there seller claiming it is leftover from his 6 eons ago.

is it really???

Body has only 4 rivets and certainly can pass for a 4 fog light with same hardware, etc.

Clear lens is immaculately clean but: GE logo in center, numbers 297 on one lens and 160 on the other directly under the logo but close to the rim. The photo enclosed shows
a 2 prong filament fused to the back of the lens assembly with red and black wiring which is similar to the 4 lights. Obviously the bulb cannot be replaced and looks like the whole lens have to be replaced if broken.

The lens is not secured to the body by spring clips unlike the 4 but instead has a rubber surround that secures itself to the body.

Comments?

Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
edrotol
QUOTE(edrotol @ Aug 21 2017, 06:14 PM) *

Bought a set of fog lights, there seller claiming it is leftover from his 6 eons ago.

is it really???

Body has only 4 rivets and certainly can pass for a 4 fog light with same hardware, etc.

Clear lens is immaculately clean but: GE logo in center, numbers 297 on one lens and 160 on the other directly under the logo but close to the rim. The photo enclosed shows
a 2 prong filament fused to the back of the lens assembly with red and black wiring which is similar to the 4 lights. Obviously the bulb cannot be replaced and looks like the whole lens have to be replaced if broken.

The lens is not secured to the body by spring clips unlike the 4 but instead has a rubber surround that secures itself to the body.

Comments?

Click to view attachment
edrotol
QUOTE(edrotol @ Aug 21 2017, 06:15 PM) *

QUOTE(edrotol @ Aug 21 2017, 06:14 PM) *

is it really???

Comments?

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
PCA7GGR
Nope. It's a 100wt driving light that I make using a stock fog light holding.
toolguy
the bulb looks looks an aircraft landing light. . I had a set of those and they could cook a hotdog
PCA7GGR
Yeap - small air craft landing light. "Driving" light - not "fog" light.
edrotol
QUOTE(PCA7GGR @ Aug 21 2017, 06:18 PM) *

Nope. It's a 100wt driving light that I make using a stock fog light holding.

Thanks. Good thing it was cheap.
PCA7GGR
Due to the high wattage, I recommend use of a relay.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.