Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Who's in Bend, OR
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Eric_Shea
Title says it all. Anybody here from there? Any more info on "Bend"
Porsche Rescue
Job possibility there? You will like the climate/terrain. Very much like Utah, Colorodo. Probably the fastest growing area in Oregon. Very trendy place, much new. Skiing 20 minutes from city center. Kind of the "Vail/Aspen, etc" of Oregon. Lots of golf courses and condo. developments. Much tourist traffic year 'round. Lot's of retirees from CA. No better place to find great 2-lane Porsche roads (except in winter).
Eric_Shea
Job offer... they want me to fly back home Friday with an offer.

Did you find the 10mm nut? (clicky-clicky) biggrin.gif
Porsche Rescue
10 mm nut? Don't remember that problem. But there are so many!
Eric_Shea
Check your rear trunk. Imbedded in the seam sealer just under the jack. Factory job... they sprayed seam sealer over the nut.
Porsche Rescue
Sure 'nuff. Only you would have preserved that. How many other factory options do I have that I don't know about?
Let me know what you think of Bend. Lots of folks would "die" to live there.
redshift
Bend... uhoh~!

TC! And HOME!

M
Eric_Shea
Medford next Wednesday... Oregon tour. biggrin.gif
Eric Taylor
Your gona like bend because like jim says, it's a lot like utah and colorado I've been told. My roomate is from denver and really felt at home in bend. Are you going through eugene by chance? If so I would love to have dinner or something like that. Hope you come to Oregon we could use another enthusist here.
Eric
Porsche Rescue
I have spent a lot of time in both Medford and Bend, but never lived in either. Most people would prefer Bend because of the climate. It is 3500 ft elevation or more. High desert plateau surrounded by high mountains and pine forest. Many mountain lakes nearby. Medford is on the west side of the Cascades and in a basin which can be pretty foggy and gloomy in winter and humid hot in summer. Lots of fruit orchards. Ashland, a few miles south of Medford, is a bit nicer in my opinion (also more expensive housing than Medford). Bend will have winter snow but lots of winter sun. Rare to see much snow in Medford but it does happen. Neither location has the famous Oregon rain. That is pretty much confined to the coast and Willamette Valley (Eugene north to Portland).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.