Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Prime example of a 75 with too much camber :-)
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
GaroldShaffer
Ya think this is to much negative camber? Todays barn find in Michigan 75 1.8L

Larmo63
Looks ready for AX....!
worn
QUOTE(Garold Shaffer @ Aug 21 2017, 07:10 PM) *

What happened? Broken something I would think.
tygaboy
NASCAR 914?

lol-2.gif
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(worn @ Aug 21 2017, 10:17 PM) *

QUOTE(Garold Shaffer @ Aug 21 2017, 07:10 PM) *

What happened? Broken something I would think.

Rust is what happen. Suspension console is rusted so badly it has broken free.
Krieger
Was it like that before you put it on the trailer or did it pop on the ride home?
porschetub
Oh dear that will be a bugger to get off the trailer lol-2.gif lol-2.gif
1adam12
It's doing the Stanky Leg! lol
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(Krieger @ Aug 22 2017, 12:36 AM) *

Was it like that before you put it on the trailer or did it pop on the ride home?

Like that before I put on the trailer. He was driving it down his drive 5 yrs ago and it went. He pulled into his pole barn (with dirt floor) and there it sat until yesterday when I picked it up.
Andyrew
Good looking parts car! Wheels are probably worth the purchase.

That car is ruuuuusty.
914Sixer
Reminds me of a 72 I picked up. Got it all the way to the house and rolled it off the trailer when it folded in half.
buck toenges
That is what mine looked like one month after I graduated from College in July of 1981. I started to smell rubber burning as I drove it home from work. I had borrowed 3k from my folks in September of 1980 to have the car re built and painted. The original estimate from those b*stards was $1500.00. When they finally finished they wanted 3k!

My first experience with the HELL HOLE! At the time I thought the worst day of my life was graduating from college. Little did I know it was 1 month after.
Still loved that car.
Buck
theer
My first one (a '70) was like that. It would roll forward OK, but backward that wheel always wanted to go left.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.