Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone have some 180lb springs laying around?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nebreitling
sorry for the location of the post, but i've got a couple things i'd like to do before the AX on sunday, and swapping out my 140's for some 180's or such is on the list. if any has some (even just to borrow for the weekend), i'd be appreciative!

n
SirAndy
QUOTE (nebreitling @ May 18 2005, 03:39 PM)
sorry for the location of the post, but i've got a couple things i'd like to do before the AX on sunday, and swapping out my 140's for some 180's or such is on the list. if any has some (even just to borrow for the weekend), i'd be appreciative!

if you have a set of 200s in your stash, you can swing by the shop tonight and we'll swap them out. i need to get my 180s upgraded to 200s ...

beerchug.gif Andy
MoveQik
Sorry that I can't help you. However, I do have a question since you guys both obviously are using some pretty stiff springs. Do you drive on those every day or do you just run them for AX? IF you do use them for daily driving, how rough are they?
nebreitling
no 200's, but i've got some 65's hanging around that will make your car super-fast!
nebreitling
QUOTE (MW 914 @ May 18 2005, 02:53 PM)
Sorry that I can't help you. However, I do have a question since you guys both obviously are using some pretty stiff springs. Do you drive on those every day or do you just run them for AX? IF you do use them for daily driving, how rough are they?

there are a lot of opinions around here on that, but the consensus is that 140's are still comfortable for daily driving.

you can go higher in spring rate though if you have roller bearings or sim.
SirAndy
QUOTE (MW 914 @ May 18 2005, 03:53 PM)
IF you do use them for daily driving, how rough are they?

daily driving ...

rough they are! but i think most of it is the fact that my car is lower also.
the rear actually feels pretty good, it's the 911 front that feels too stiff. but i also think my front shocks are toast ...

nothing like a stock setup for sure. i don't drive into the city (SF) with my car anymore because of the potholes. the streets are so bad, it'll shake the fillings out of my teeth ...

barf.gif Andy
Trekkor
Nathan you can try my 150# Eibachs if you like.

I'm running 200#er's now and I'll tell you straight up, they are amazing.
For street driving I set my Koni's to full soft and it is a very nice ride.

I expected it to be bone jarring torture. ohmy.gif
rough they are!

Compared to a stock set-up on 165/70's, yes.

I like it...a lawt.

KT
TravisNeff
Michael, I'll let you drive my car when I get it all back together, it has 250's in the back
eeyore
QUOTE (MW 914 @ May 18 2005, 03:53 PM)

I was running 21mm torsion bars front, 200 lbs springs rear. Tarett swaybars front and rear. The car was stiff, but not harsh. My seat is a aluminum shell Ultra Shield. The car was comfy enough for a 2 hour ride in the mountains 2 months ago.
Brad Roberts
Careful guy's with answering the questions..

Apples and Oranges.

Some of you are referring to NON-Progressive 2.5 ID Eibach/H&R's and some of you are referring to Weltmeister Progressive springs.

Nathan,

I havent checked in a few years.. but Weltmeister doesnt make a 200 in the 3 inch ID setup.

This is why I dont build cars with the Welt springs anymore... NO options.

B
nebreitling
i realize that... different springs, folks...

i should have some coleman threaded collars in another month and be setup to run the standard 2.5x10" race springs... just looking for a temporary setup to keep my front wheels on the ground aktion035.gif . but no bother.
drew365
If anyone is interested, I have a pair of Eibach 2.5 x 10 x 250#, that were only on my car for a couple of weeks. I took them off, they were too soft. ohmy.gif
My 400#'s are just right. biggrin.gif
Mueller
I'm pretty sure Darren Doud has a set of 2.5" 180's...

I "think" I included them when I sold him my car....he might not have them installed yet...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.