Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914-6 engine build
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
car guy
Hey guys,

Having a hard time finding nice cams for my 914-6 2.0L engine build, I was told that 2.7L cams would work. Does anyone have knowledge about this?
yellow75
I would talk to Henry Schmitt at Super Tech in CA.
Luke M
QUOTE(car guy @ Aug 22 2017, 10:21 PM) *

Hey guys,

Having a hard time finding nice cams for my 914-6 2.0L engine build, I was told that 2.7L cams would work. Does anyone have knowledge about this?

A little more info would be nice.. What pistons are you planning on running, street or race engine ?

Are you looking to replace your current cams or are they missing ?

If you are looking to buy a set of new cams then I would try John Doughetry at DC cams. www.drcamshafts.com
Mark Henry
QUOTE(Luke M @ Aug 23 2017, 07:47 AM) *

Hey guys,

A little more info would be nice.. What pistons are you planning on running, street or race engine ?

agree.gif
Cams are not something you want to pick willy-nilly, they must be matched to the build spec and your purpose for the car is.
The wrong cams can turn a great engine into a total bag of stromberg.gif
GeorgeRud
The 2.7 cams were designed for CIS injection and are actually a milder cam than your 914-6 cams. Check Bruce Anderson's book or preferably check with Supertec - they'll have great options.
car guy
The cams were badly damaged and can't be used so I am forced to find alternatives. I went with a forged aluminum 82.5mm piston. Looking to build a good all around motor. I appreciate all the advice and will reach out to some of those guys, thanks.
flyer86d
In my opinion.... if you want to do a minimal amount of work but wake the 2 liter 6 up a bit, find a set of 911L (911E) cams and a 9.5 to 1 Piston and cylinder set in the 80mm size. That way you can minimize machine work to the heads and case. The 911L cams work well with the stock 32 mm ports. You may want larger venturies and slightly different jets in the carbs ultimately. You should get about 140 hp and it will be a happier engine than stock.

Charlie
raynekat
QUOTE(car guy @ Aug 23 2017, 07:34 AM) *

The cams were badly damaged and can't be used so I am forced to find alternatives. I went with a forged aluminum 82.5mm piston. Looking to build a good all around motor. I appreciate all the advice and will reach out to some of those guys, thanks.

What is the compression ratio of your piston/cylinder?
Also what kind of valve pockets are there?
These things will also dictate your cams...

Lots of good advise in previous posts.
car guy
The heads are factory and the piston I is 9.5.1 I reached out to John Dougherty and he recommended 911e cams. Thanks for all the good advice. should push 140ish hp and very streetable and reliable.
6freak

Hey guys,

my self if its a stock six engine in a stock six I wouldn't modify it at all...
good luck
MikeC
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.