Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Spokane
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ThePaintedMan
I'll be in Spokane next week for work. Unfortunately I won't have a rental car, but I can probably Uber over to dinner some night next week if anyone wants to meet up. I'll be at the Hilton Garden Inn. How's the weather up there this time of year? Should I pack any cold weather gear?

-G
rhodyguy
If mid 90's are too cool for you bring a parka. Might be a bit smokey/hazy, dependent on the winds. It's a dry heat...like your kitchen oven. Too bad you're not coming to the west side.
ThePaintedMan
Mid-90s? Pffft. Tampa Bay's heat index hasn't dropped below 100 in months, lol. I'll pack some shorts then, maybe even some hiking boots. I heard ya'll have something called "mountains" out there.

Yep, I thought about you Kevin - I'm only a couple hours away, but as I don't have a rental this time I'll probably miss ya. But I will make it over there one of these days!
rhodyguy
5 hours or so. Each way. Unless there's freeway paving or a semi has flipped over on the vantage grade Columbia river bridge. In that case, there's no telling.
bbrock
QUOTE(ThePaintedMan @ Aug 23 2017, 12:12 PM) *

Mid-90s? Pffft. Tampa Bay's heat index hasn't dropped below 100 in months, lol. I'll pack some shorts then, maybe even some hiking boots. I heard ya'll have something called "mountains" out there.

But 50s and 60s at night. So you might want to pack a fleece or sweatshirt if that is chilly to you. I live on the other side of the Rockies and at higher elevation, but still, I rarely travel anywhere in the mountain region without having a fleece handy for when the temp drops. And they can drop very fast without humidity. Enjoy your trip. beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.