Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Possible '75 euro spec
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jrcui
Since I'm very new to teeners mueba.gif , I've been digging around my new toy trying to clean things up and learn as much as possible. From a few readings, I saw a euro spec teener did not come with lettering on the deck or a charcoal filter (which mine has neither). What else should I look for to confirm whether or not I have a euro spec '75?

Also, would my car come with an air smog pump? And, if so, should the damn thing be running (mine isn't and the belt is attached).

Aloha,
Vince drooley.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE (jrcui @ May 18 2005, 04:17 PM)
What else should I look for to confirm whether or not I have a euro spec '75?

no sidemarkers. amber/white front turn signal leses. amber rear turn signals.

i'm sure there's more.

problem with that is, how would it have made it to the US without being federalized? even if it started it's life as a euro-spec car, it would have been "upgraded" to US spec in order to get it street-legal here ...

wink.gif Andy
type47
i think the smog pump is the clue. smog pumps installed to meet emissions standards so i think it's US spec where someone just removed the charcoal canister (easy to do) and removed the letters from the engine lid (easy to do but why would you not want it to say porsche..... oh wait, NARP)
Reiche
I don't think any 914 came without a charcoal canister.

I think the '75 Euro bumpers attached the same way the early models' did: with the rubber dogbone spacers. '75 US models attached via shock absorbers.
Bleyseng
They also ran the 73-74 DJet setup not the 75-76 USA setup.('mo hp)
jrcui
flag.gif Thanks for the help. I'm sure its not a euro spec now but the previous owner just decided to "modify" it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.