Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 74' 914 2.0L f/s
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
srohling
Phoenix Red with a recent respray. Most all rust has been taken care of. I must be honest and say that the paint respray was done buy a horrible painter. The paint exhibits some dust and other flaws that are disappointing. Don’t get me wrong, it looks great from 15’. This is a driver and not a concour car.
Car history. I rescued the car from a Gentleman’s back yard where it had languished for several years. After two days of tinkering, I was able to get the car up and running. I drove the car for almost four months before the motor blew up. Turns out that an industrious set of mice had packed a lot of garbage around one of the cylinders and the cooling fins/tins. A big hole was created in the top of the motor along with a lot of very bad mechanical noises and smoke. I reached out to Gervais Engines in California who built me a new motor.
Gervais built me a 2.433L motor with Weber 44 dual carbs. The motor probably has only 15K miles on it.
Here is a list of a few of the new parts:
Left and right seat bolsters
Black plush carpet kit
Repo 914 Center console
Oil Cooler w/electric fan
Various replacement weather strip
MOMO steering wheel and hub
Upgraded fuse box
Weltmeister Front Sway bar kit w/new shocks and bushings
Weltmeister Rear suspension kit w/new shocks and bushings
New CV Axles
Pertonix ignitor electronic ignition
The car is strong and a joy to drive. Still needs a few things done. The windshield has a small crack on the lower left corner from when I was installing the Chrome trim. Weather seals around windows need replacing. Most all the rust has been replaced. The longs are good, floorboards are good. Hell hole is reasonably good. Some rust around jacking points. I’m a big guy and with the Targa removed, doors close strong with no flex. Dash has two small cracks. The vinyl between dash and windshield is peeling back. I’m not saying this car is perfect. After all, it is 43 years old and I’m a hobbyist mechanic. Pictures will show the beauty of this car.
I want to move this car fast as my daughter is in college and that is why I’m asking a low price of $6800.

Please contact me at srohling64@gmail.com
Racer
Your car defies gravity!

Any brake upgrades? Upgraded springs/sway bards? Any idea of engine hp with the big motor?
srohling
SOLD SOLD SOLD

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.