Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Nine Fourteen Sex
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15
914 Ranch
Trying to find motivation to keep her going and use her before I run out of time. I moved her to the workshop yesterday and today I put her transmission back in her. Need to change the gas tanks out as she has a 6 gallon tank in her now and I have a nice little 1.5 gallon tank for her. Only good for about 5 minutes of run time.

I backdated the picture because she looks totally deferent now. So I guess I should do that more often.

Click to view attachment

This picture is by Carl La Fong, sorry if I miss spelled it Carl. She has Carerror script on her side. At that time I had just decided to make her my race car.

While driving the freeways of LA dressed in that livery she was passed in her lane by 911's 3 times. No one takes the time to read Carerror they only see Carrera.
914 Ranch
Yesterday I got most of the parts back in Carerror and put her on the scale. She always puts a smile on my face.
LF 320. RF 321
LR 497. RR 478
Total. 1616
Those numbers will help to motivate me.
I know, I know...
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

I need to get a new laptop.
stownsen914
I like the weight. Can you post a pic of 'er?
914 Ranch
QUOTE(stownsen914 @ Aug 30 2017, 08:18 PM) *

I like the weight. Can you post a pic of 'er?

Wish I could. Phone is so slow it times out before it can send a pic. Laptop doesn't talk to the phone. mad.gif

Click to view attachment

Now I can.
Cracker
Joe: Do you care to clarify what you mean by this statement?

PS: That is a CRAZY light teener - bravo! smilie_pokal.gif

Tony

QUOTE(914 Ranch @ Aug 27 2017, 11:46 AM) *

Trying to find motivation to keep her going and use her before I run out of time.

914 Ranch
QUOTE(Cracker @ Aug 31 2017, 07:39 AM) *

Joe: Do you care to clarify what you mean by this statement?

PS: That is a CRAZY light teener - bravo! smilie_pokal.gif

Tony

QUOTE(914 Ranch @ Aug 27 2017, 11:46 AM) *

Trying to find motivation to keep her going and use her before I run out of time.

69 years old. I don't know how much longer I'll be able to work on the cars.
I did put a tranny in last week by hand. So I'm good to go for now.
914 Ranch
Carerror is back up on the stands and I am about to finish the details for start up.
She has about 100 laps on her and I have about 3 A/X's behind the wheel.
One of the hardest things I had to do was getting the tire temperatures within 10°. The 911 guys running the same tire were running 31 psi so that is where I started. She likes to swap ends with that much air.
So at this time I have 15 psi in the rear and 14.5 in the front. The rear has nice scuffing on the edge near the first marker line and that is turning a nice blue.
The front shows no scuffing on the inside edge so I would like to have a little less camber. Running 3/4° now and I really don't want to run less air than 14 psi. Going to take a big rattail file to clearance the strut for less camber to try to get the inner edge to get scuffed.
I take the temps in 3 spots on each tire as the car comes back in. At the last race she only had an 8° difference in all 12 readings I took. I'm thinking that the temps were about 230 maybe that's too high.
Somehow it seems to me that I need about 15 more pounds of weight in the front of the car.
Maybe I should move my seat.

Joe Sharp
Team Sharp
Cracker
So Joe, what are your hot pressures?

Tony
914 Ranch
Hey Tony, I am sorry, I kept my notes on blue tape on the fenders. I'll have to keep better track of p/t in a log.
Joe Sharp
914 Ranch
Today finished the shift linkage, clutch linkage, throttle linkage, muffler, starter wiring, battery location hot lead to the starter. Still have the carbs to clean and fuel lines in the engine bay, a bunch of electrical issues, change the tires and maybe next week have start up.
Joe
914 Ranch
Getting more things hooked up today. Pulled old fuel lines in preparation for new lines. Battery Terminal and wiring, found and installed ignition switch and connected it to the circut board under the dash, installed the steering wheel,
Gotta check the wiring under the dash, make sure it is ready and won't short out when I go to start it. Fuel lines, charge the battery and change the tires. Put some fuel in her.
Joe Sharp
Team Sharp
914 Ranch
Got fuel pump, tach jumped...
914 Ranch
Sometimes I think my name is Homer. Dur...
Trying to stop push in the car I kept putting weight on the right front of the car. Finally getting the car dailed in I'm still thinking I needed another 15 pounds in the front of the car. When I was building the car I mounted the Sparco on adjustable tracks. Not legal in SCCA but is with the PCA. Next time she's up on the scales I'll put me in the car and move the seat back and forth and post the numbers.

Joe Sharp
Team Sharp

914 Ranch
Changed the battery and got the motor to turn over. Hadn't heard that in a year and a half. Tidied up the cables under the car. Now need fuel lines from the fuel regulator to the carbs. Put some fuel in and she should fire right up.
914 Ranch
Hopefully pic

Click to view attachment
914 Ranch
Carerror is a rust free California car.
Click to view attachment

Skillfully patched and welded repairs. If Thomas would have seen this he would of cut the car up.
SirAndy
QUOTE(914 Ranch @ Oct 9 2017, 11:14 AM) *
If Thomas would have seen this he would of cut the car up.

biggrin.gif So true ...
wndsrfr
QUOTE(914 Ranch @ Oct 9 2017, 05:50 AM) *

You can drop at least 20-25 pounds from the ass end of the car if you switch to a set of megaphones from that big heavy muffler.....I have a pair I'll let you try...
914 Ranch
Finished the carbs and got ready for fuel. Maybe tomorrow.

Click to view attachment

Gosh, I love this car.
914 Ranch
Carerror got start up today.
campbellcj
QUOTE(914 Ranch @ Oct 21 2017, 04:16 PM) *

Carerror got start up today.

cheer.gif piratenanner.gif driving-girl.gif icon_bump.gif
914 Ranch
Working on the interior of Carerror again and made up a cover for the tach. I thought the wires looked ugly. And I made up a new floorboard.
Old floorboard.

Click to view attachment
914 Ranch
New tach cover and floorboard.

Click to view attachment
Cracker
Nice. Is the tach cover a re-purposed bike fairing?

Tony
914 Ranch
QUOTE(Cracker @ Nov 5 2017, 04:45 PM) *

Tony

Thanks Tony, yeah, 05 GPZ 500, $28 on eBay.
Cracker
In the name of flattery...I may follow your lead! I like it.

Tony

QUOTE(914 Ranch @ Nov 6 2017, 10:20 AM) *

Tony

campbellcj
Cool idea - I have a more factory gauge cluster so I cut-down one of those stock-style ABS dash caps and only used that portion of it.
914 Ranch
QUOTE(Cracker @ Nov 6 2017, 11:27 AM) *

In the name of flattery...I may follow your lead! I like it.

Tony

QUOTE(914 Ranch @ Nov 6 2017, 10:20 AM) *

Tony

Thanks Tony, not my idea, some guy named Richie from Culver City, did it back in the 70's. I just used less plastic.
But if I had a pizza oven...
914 Ranch
Dam, now I am going to have to put a pizza​ oven in my next Bar-B-Q build.
914 Ranch
Excuse me Tony, the tach cover is around the tach and covers the wires behind it. I like the windscreens too.

Click to view attachment

Changed the switches and installing street legal lights.
Carerror is becoming an Outlaw again.
rhodyguy
bye1.gif
914 Ranch
Hey Kevin...
914 Ranch
Got some circuits in, lots of progress.

Click to view attachment

New horns are awesome.
914 Ranch
Getting ready to fill the box. That should take a day or two.

Click to view attachment

914 Ranch
I like this picture.

Click to view attachment
QUOTE(914 Ranch @ Nov 22 2017, 11:33 AM) *

I like this picture.

Click to view attachment

Me too.
914 Ranch
Stuff going in the box.

Click to view attachment

914 Ranch
Got the E-box closed today and working on the fuel system. Gas tank going in.

Click to view attachment

Have to change some things at the battery but that will just eliminate 2 big wires.
914 Ranch
Inside the box.

Click to view attachment

I have to put 8 mounting screws in and it's done.
One BFE (big fucken elephant) bites the dust...
914 Ranch
Put in the 8 screws and cleaned up the wires a bit. Going to have to get back in there once more. I can still see some things that I can clean up.

Click to view attachment

914 Ranch
Some progress uh? About a month​ ago.

Click to view attachment
914 Ranch
Tonight

Click to view attachment

Justinp71
popcorn[1].gif Looking Good!
914 Ranch
Finished the box in the engine bay today. Now comes the hard part, trouble shooting. Had a start up a couple of weeks ago.

Click to view attachment

914 Ranch
This case is open and closed...

Click to view attachment

914 Ranch
More this morning, tidied up in the engine bay. Waiting for the CDI from CA.

Click to view attachment

Hopefully that will lead to start up.
914 Ranch
Off the jackstand, starts but doesn't idle. Tomorrow is another day.

Click to view attachment

If she runs I'm going to unleash her onto the streets. I'm sure she has put on a few pounds, all that wireing isn't light. Fusch, there's 50 pounds of fuel now. I'll be lucky if she comes in under 1700.
914 Ranch
Well she doesn't run, saved for the moment by the fuel system. The regulator is not happy with the fuel pump. Ordered a new one from CB and should be after Christmas.
Passenger seat and seatbelts are in. Got to check out the scales, I know that 2 of them are reading light. I need to check the pen inside the back up lights switch, I think it is in backwards. Figure out why the turn signals don't blink.
driving.gif to the insurance company,
driving.gif to the DMV.
Then just driving.gif

Click to view attachment
914 Ranch
Carerror got a speedo yesterday and today I got the paint scheme. Way Kool...

Click to view attachment

914 Ranch
Drove her today, nice....

driving.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.