Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1974 limited edition center console
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
orclean1
Looking for a correct photo of the center console for 1974 limited edition. . Mine has three gauges but not in a vertical line . Pattern is of a top one on right side ,middle one is in center the bottom one on right
smg914
QUOTE(orclean1 @ Aug 27 2017, 04:55 PM) *

Looking for a correct photo of the center console for 1974 limited edition. . Mine has three gauges but not in a vertical line . Pattern is of a top one on right side ,middle one is in center the bottom one on right

All that means is that your 914 had/has AC installed. When installed, the dealers back in the day would cut the top of the console off and install a shorter 3 hole gauge panel which allowed room for the AC. Yours received the scattered 3 hole gauge panel version.
smg914
Here is a photo of my 73 914 with the dealer installed VPC system. My gauges are in the same location as yours.

If your LE no longer has AC, you'll need to find a used uncut console.
smg914
Stock uncut version
Tom_T
The 3rd type was the DPD AC console with the 3 gauges still stacked but with anew angled bezel. I don't have a pic of one handy, but you can Google for it if you want to see that type too.

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
Jonathan Livesay
QUOTE(Tom_T @ Aug 28 2017, 10:09 AM) *

The 3rd type was the DPD AC console with the 3 gauges still stacked but with anew angled bezel. I don't have a pic of one handy, but you can Google for it if you want to see that type too.

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act...t&id=214310
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.