Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dash top
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
erwindv
Is there a difference between the paddding (914 552 031 12) for early (without side vents) and late models (with side vents) as 914Rubber.com makes a difference on their web site: Dash top while the 914_USA_KATALOG only refers to one OEM nr.: 914 552 031 12 for all models?
mepstein
Yes. Early dash tips are slightly different but 914 rubber's can be modded to work on early.
gms
The addition of the side vents in 1972 reduced the size of the glove box door.
As a result when you put a late dash pad on an early car the door hits the dash pad. if you put a early dash on a late dash there are no issues.

Early dash opening on pad:
Click to view attachment

Late dash opening on pad:
Click to view attachment
Mikey914
You can see the reproduction (late) will not line up with the glove box. However, it will not affect the range of motion of the glove box door.
sixaddict
Mark :
Contrary to my experience. Late dash on early car means GB door interferes and will not open all the way.
Am I confused or misunderstand your comment.
TOT
Mikey914
QUOTE(sixaddict @ Dec 17 2017, 05:11 PM) *

Mark :
Contrary to my experience. Late dash on early car means GB door interferes and will not open all the way.
Am I confused or misunderstand your comment.
TOT

You are incorrect. If you liik on my website you can see mine (late), installed on the early car. Yes the cut out is not alligned, but as it pivots on a point in the center it is travel limited begore it touches the top.

See picture above there is clearly 1/8" of daylight between the two.
Cracker
May I see a broader picture of the entire glove box and dash with door shut? The question I would have is the GB recess any different on the drivers side between early and late? As in, is the GB relief in the dash offset to the left visually...

T
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.