Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 911 Stock Swaybar on a 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
cdmcse
I am installing an '88 carrera front suspension on the teener. I get to the sway bar and I am not exactly sure how it goes. Does it even fit? I am also missing some parts. Can anyone post a pic of a stock 84-89 stock 911 swaybar installed on a teener?

I'll put some pics of what I "Think" I am missing below. If you have these parts you don't need let me know.

Will the suspension be too soft to drive without it installed?

I need this bushing on each side...
cdmcse
I am missing a clamping mechanism for these bushings...
cdmcse
And I know need this swaybar or not. Support from the rear of the crossmember to body. Does this exist or should I just fabricate it?

Thanks for your help! beerchug.gif
SirAndy
what you're missing is the metal tabs that connect the alu cross member to the rear mounting holes. the stock cross member has those tabs welded on, the 911 alu x-member has them bolt-on.

those tabs will have the fitting for your sway bar as well ...
wink.gif Andy

PS: without those tabs bolted to the x-member, it *will* flex like a MOFO !!! (not safe!)
bondo
Pics! Not installed, but you get the idea.

bondo
A little closer:

Mueller
i'd throw the 911 bar in the recycling bin and just get the "proper" thur-the-body bar.....still a bit of work, but more tweakable/tuneable in the long run.....

bondo
QUOTE (Mueller @ May 19 2005, 07:46 PM)
i'd throw the 911 bar in the recycling bin and just get the "proper" thur-the-body bar.....still a bit of work, but more tweakable/tuneable in the long run.....

That stuff's expensive! I'm going to run this bar AND the stock bar, with custom fabbed (read nearly free) adjustable end links for tuning. Not the ideal setup, but super cheap! I can always upgrade later. smile.gif
Rotary'14
Does anyone know where I can get a pair of those mounts for the aluminum cross-bar?
SirAndy
QUOTE (Mueller @ May 19 2005, 07:46 PM)
i'd throw the 911 bar in the recycling bin

i dis-agree ...

i ran the stock 911 underbody bar for 2 years and it worked just fine. yes, you can't adjust it, but it's still *much* better than no bar!

wink.gif Andy
cdmcse
I agree, cheap is good for now. I'm not going to be close to needing a tweakable sway bar for a while. I'll need lots of driving.gif practice first!
cdmcse
QUOTE (Rotary'14 @ May 19 2005, 10:40 PM)
Does anyone know where I can get a pair of those mounts for the aluminum cross-bar?

I'm looking also. I'll let you know if I find 'em.
SirAndy
QUOTE (Rotary'14 @ May 19 2005, 08:40 PM)

any good porsche dismantler will have them ...

call EASY or HPH, they both should have them ...
wink.gif Andy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.