Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Any Wisconsin Members?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
adamd1514
Any wisconsin members neer south/ south-east area of the state that are pretty knowledgeable about the 914.
morgan
YO whats up

John
736conver
I was just up in Madison looking at a 914 it wasnt yours was it?

I am about 1 hour from Madison. Morgan is down in the Milwaukee area.

adamd1514
Nope wasn't my 914. I'm over in watertown (just about right between milwaukee and madison 10miles n. or 94)
jim912928
Hey..I'm glad to see there are some 914 people in the milwaukee area...I may be moving there this summer!
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE (jim912928 @ May 19 2005, 06:58 AM)
Hey..I'm glad to see there are some 914 people in the milwaukee area...I may be moving there this summer!

ohmy.gif Need a place to store your cars wavey.gif biggrin.gif
aircooledboy
hello,

Welcome to the zoo. I'm just South of the border, about 1:15 from Madison, lots of parts, tools, shop manuals, storage space and always willing to help a teener brother or sister out. beerchug.gif

Chris
914zim
Well, I sure wouldn't say I'm even "kinda" knowledgeable about 914s, but I've had mine for about a year and a half. The guys on this list are VERY knowledgeable about 914s and have been very helpful to me.
I'm outside of Milwaukee, in New Berlin, WI.
Once I get my new clutch project done and get mine back on the road (hopefully in a few weeks), us WI 914-ers should try to get together. I know there's a group that was getting together every month in northern IL once a month last season. I always wanted to attend their get-together, but didn't really trust my 914 to go too far from home.
Good luck, have fun and welcome to the list.

Andy Zimmerman
736conver
There's also two other members that I know of on this board from WI. Bjorn (sp?) and Dave-O. I think Dave-O is in school over in MN though. Bjorn I think is over in Lacrosse. I know of two other owners up in Green Bay but they havent signed up here. And last I have seen two other 914's by me but never had the chance to follow them to talk to them.

It would be nice to have a get together somewhere. The question is though how many of us have running 914's.
Andy , clutch project pending, has one and I think Dave-O does.
My conversion is "almost" done Morgan is building his into a race car and I am not sure about the others.
Dave-O
Hey Fellas!

Originally from Wausau area, now living in St. Paul, MN going to school. I get down to the Milwaukee area a quite a bit. We should certainly try and put together a get together. I'll check to see when the Milwaukee autocross region has an event that doesn't conflict with our club up in Minneapolis. It might be fun to kill two birds with one stone and I’m sure I could drag along another member for the autocross (ottox914, Rice Lake WI). Lets keep communicating and try and set this up.

cheers,

David
ottox914
Don't know if I'd be game for an auto x or not... the way Dave-O's been flingging that "stock" car around, I don't know if my "improved" car would stand a chance... Its a total haul, but you guys would be welcome to come to a MNAUTOX.com event, the more '14's the better. It'd be fun to outnumber those secratary miatas. Although we have some crazy fast stock class miatas... sad.gif Any of you going to the vintage event at Road America? I'll be going again for the zillionth time. Look for the yellow '14 camped in the carousel by the bathrooms the weekend of july 14-17. Oh, and I've had my car appart as part of its auto cross evolution so much I'm sure I've fogotten as much as I remember. And, Dave-O has done a great job of fabrication bringing his '14 back. We're not exactally in you neighborhood, but toss out a question and we'll do our best...
adamd1514
I had no clue so many people had 914's in wisconsin. Anyone know of any 914 garages or mechanics in the milwaukee/madison area? Just wondering if anything on my car gets too seriously wrong if i'd have someone to take it. Thanks,
Adam
jim912928
Garold,

I'm afraid if I let you store my tail dragger it would have no engine, front suspension or tranny when I picked it up! lol

p.s. there is an 85 928 for sale here for 5k!
Bill Shaw
Ottox914 and cheeseheads - I'll be at the race and will put the car over in Porsche Park on the outside of the main straight since I'll be doing the "touring" session on Sunday with my son in his Miata and his girlfriend's father in his P-P-P-PURPLE Mini S cabrio (touring - HAH! - last year we hit an indicated 118 going into turn 12 and my son is still bragging about outbraking a Cobra in turn 5). Let's see if we can get some more teeners to go; it's a great time and there's nothing like bench racing with some brats, roast corn and beer!

See ya there!

beerchug.gif beerchug.gif
vmills
Sorry if I missed it, but which race? The ALMS race at RA in august?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.