Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: craigslist MBZ
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
boxstr
Someone was looking for one of these not long ago? http://portland.craigslist.org/car/74206572.html
CCLINMYLIST
TROJANMAN
what makes it rare? (just curious)
Mueller
i've always liked those...needs a "small" MBZ 5.0 motor smile.gif
Ferg
That was prolly me Craig... I was looking for a DD... I saw that one but I need a auto for the wife as well, she's pretty resistant in learning to drive a five speed. rolleyes.gif We ended up with a Taurus, apples and oranges but the price was right. wink.gif

Ferg
Dr. Roger
It's either the 16 valve thing or the 5 speed that's less common.

In '95 I drove a '92 190 w/Eibach coils, 16" alloys, and 5 speed. It handled really nice. Not the lowest center of gravity in the world but way better than stock.
A month later I drove a '91 300E which was stock except for better lower profile tires. Ended up buying that one. Just felt better and sooooo well put together.
The 300's have arguably thee most rigid frame of any car I know. Handled fantastically all the way up to 135mph+. I f it waslegal this car could have gone 125 all day long.
Ended up putting over 300K miles on that thing before donating it. Drove it hard. Often. biggrin.gif
Like a rock.
TROJANMAN
QUOTE (Ferg @ May 19 2005, 07:49 AM)
We ended up with a Taurus, apples and oranges but the price was right. wink.gif

Ferg

a taurus? how old are you? lol2.gif
michel richard
It's the engine that makes it rare. A buddy of mine at the office had one a few years back. Engine is pretty high strung and likes to rev. Car is a bit of a sleeper.

Michel Richard
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.