Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: carb ?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
akellym
My question is can you, run the lines that run to the flashback valve into the intake manifolds on a carb set up?
rhodyguy
what? flash back valve? i don't think you want to pull a vacume signature off an intake manifold if that's what you mean. what type of carbs and what sort of distributor are you running?

k
akellym
I had FI that was totally redone, could never get it to work right. So until I can get a Kit Carlson, I've put a pair of dual 34s on. I switch the dis to a 009. I was just wondering if the line from the flashback use to run to the air box why, it can't just go into the manifold?

Also what do you do with the line from the charcoal filter on the gas tank.
Mueller
I was just wondering if the line from the flashback use to run to the air box why, it can't just go into the manifold?

did the hose go before or after the throttle body? if before, then no, don't run the line into the manifolds, you'll have a huge vac. leak.....without seeing what you are talking about, I'd say plug it and not run it into anything....
rhodyguy
clarify the term "flashback valve". do you mean pvc valve? if so, no on the intake manifold unless you want a HUGE vacuum leak. a few options... you could draw through one of the carbs above the venturis, an old school C.B. style breather box, or a "puke bottle". plug "puke bottle" and Sir Andy into the search feature. there was a recent thread addressing this topic.

k
akellym
here's a diagram it's number 12.
rhodyguy
interesting, you (me actually) learn something new every day. bottom line...no, you can't use an intake manifold, below one of the carbs to draw off the vapors unless you want the previously noted vacuum leak. look at the where the single end of the line connects to the stock airfilter housing and the 2 lines to the head connection points.

k
akellym
So what is the answer? Just leave the valve open or put a filter on it? What a the charcoal filter for the gas tank?
rhodyguy
my bad. slobber, not puke. i pulled it up for you.

k
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.