Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New part anyone want to help me check fit and operation. Cooling tin bushings
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mikey914
Like I said. Need some feedback on these in pretty short order. I have 3-4 sets I can give away, but the catch is you have to post up so we can see. I have a tool ready and these seem to fit well, but need some additional testors.
mb911
I don't even know what they are for?? Is for the frunk release?
Chris914n6
Early window regulator?
mepstein
Fuel line clips in the engine bay?
wes
A new shape gummy for when your contemplating your next 914 upgrade!
turbonet
I'm in as soon as I know what they are for. Lol
Olympic 914
Looks like plug wire looms, but they should be black, and have a double option.
Java2570
Isn't that the plastic clip that the engine cooling flaps ride in?
rfinegan
IM about yo pull the right tin to Time Sert the temp sensor on my 75 2.0l plus min was sticking bit anyhow.

If I can help eval let me know...

-Robert

QUOTE(Java2570 @ Sep 1 2017, 04:05 PM) *

914_teener
QUOTE(Java2570 @ Sep 1 2017, 05:05 PM) *

agree.gif

I can help Mark.

Have a whole assembly I can model for you.

porschetub
QUOTE(Java2570 @ Sep 2 2017, 12:05 PM) *

agree.gif a certain seller on ebay has them for $19 a pair ???????
nditiz1
I can model them
bandjoey
Plug wire. Clips
barefoot
I'm building up my engine now and can use a set to trial fit.
Have the originals to compare

Barefoot
914Sixer
Mark,
I will take a set of the air flap hinges.
Localboy808
I just so happen to be redoing my motor and could trial fit these for my cooling flaps. I'm all taken apart and can post photos or whatever you need. LmK

Scott
Mikey914
Yes Java 2570 got it. I'll PM a few of you that can help out. and get some out Monday.
Thanks,
Mark
rgalla9146
QUOTE(Java2570 @ Sep 1 2017, 08:05 PM) *

BINGO !
Mark Henry
I could bench test them right away, tinning a T4 right now. smile.gif
mepstein
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Sep 2 2017, 11:59 AM) *

I could bench test them right away, tinning a T4 right now. smile.gif

You're in canada. That's halfway around the world.
whitetwinturbo
Had a girlfriend with IUD like that.......... grouphug.gif
Specracer
I was cleaning and lubricaling those bushings that the cooling flaps slide into just yesterday. Ironic.
rfinegan
I installed the cooling flap bushings this week end. The left side I was able to sneak into the tin/housing and slid it into place and then clock into the slot. Snapped right onto the shaft and was ez to install on shaft then the old to get off. The right side(tin off) seemed to sit a little proud of the fan using and I was concerned that it would interfere with the tin once installed. See pic. But once installed I did not have any issue. Smooth as silk operation. No more bind I was experiencing with the old ones. I measured a few dimensions with a caliper for comparison and the pics of the install. NO modifications were needed to install and operation is perfect.

rfinegan
QUOTE(rfinegan @ Sep 11 2017, 03:59 AM) *

I installed the cooling flap bushings this week end. The left side I was able to sneak into the tin/housing and slid it into place and then clock into the slot. Snapped right onto the shaft and was ez to install on shaft then the old to get off. The right side(tin off) seemed to sit a little proud of the fan using and I was concerned that it would interfere with the tin once installed. See pic. But once installed I did not have any issue. Smooth as silk operation. No more bind I was experiencing with the old ones. I measured a few dimensions with a caliper for comparison and the pics of the install. NO modifications were needed to install and operation is perfect.

rfinegan
another
Mikey914
I have a few sets I can sell now, doing a GB on these at $9.14 a set
porbmw
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Sep 13 2017, 09:47 AM) *

I have a few sets I can sell now, doing a GB on these at $9.14 a set

Are these also used for a 6 motor?
If so, please put me down for one set.
Thx
markhoward
I'm in for a set smile.gif
Mikey914
Thanks for the support but the 6 has a slightly different setup.
mobymutt
There are supposed to bushings there? No wonder I couldn't get that shaft to turn nicely. I'm in for a set, if you can put it in an envelope and ship to Canada.
nditiz1
I'll take a set for the future.
barefoot
QUOTE(barefoot @ Sep 2 2017, 06:18 AM) *

I'm building up my engine now and can use a set to trial fit.
Have the originals to compare

Barefoot

Here's photos of bushings installed, they fit fine

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
914Sixer
Never got my test set. Put me down for 2 sets.
914_teener
Got my set last week Mark.

Got my tin back from powder coat so I'll be setting the flaps into the shroud this weekend.

I snap so pics as promised. It looks like others have beat me to it.

I'll post some pics anyway and thanks for doing these. I'm missing all the the engine tin stuff so I'll be ordering that soon.

By next month I should be ready for the long block for the tin to go onto poke.gif beerchug.gif

Next stop new 2.0 harness from Bowlsby, that will complete all the FI stuff.

It's great to have folks that support our habit.
Mikey914
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Oct 3 2017, 11:25 AM) *

Never got my test set. Put me down for 2 sets.

Mark Sorry,
Somehow I missed it.
I'll get you squared away tomorrow.
mark W
914_teener
Finally got around to this. Most of my tin assembly is done but I don't have the long block yet. So gonna move on to other stuff. I'll be highlighting this in my build thread as a "finer point" but just when you are putting this assembly together:

The tang on the shaft goes in the middle slot in the bushing. That is the bushing next to the oil cooler flap. Just thought I'd mention it. Thanks for the parts Mark, they seem fine, no binding.

Pic

Click to view attachment
maf914
Mark W,

Help! I can't seem to find these bushings on your web site. How are they listed? Thanks.
Mikey914
We are just doing the full production run this week.

How quick do you need a set?
Sure I can get listed up this next week no problem have about 10 sets from proto run.
Kansas 914
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Oct 14 2017, 06:35 PM) *

We are just doing the full production run this week.

How quick do you need a set?
Sure I can get listed up this next week no problem have about 10 sets from proto run.

Great part - I am sure most everyone need these - but they may not know they need them.
Mikey914
I'll get an official GB thread going in the next day or so. Actually taking some time to hang with the wife at a horse show.
maf914
I am in for a pair of cooling flapper bushings. Thanks Mark.
Mikey914
Did I miss sending PMs on this?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.