Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need some help with pick up and storing a shell
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rick 918-S
I purchased a shell from Craig quite awhile ago. I have had some serious issues that have prevented me from making a long distance road trip to get it. I was hoping someone here that is either close to Craig or is willing to make a run to Camp with a trailer and get the shell for me.

I am trying to reset my issues and get out to get it. Craig let me know today he needs the space freed up. I can supply gas money if someone wants to visit Camp and move the car east a couple hundred miles. If anyone can help I would need to schedule a time to come get it from you.

I would have it shipped but I think it would be cost prohibitive. Unless someone knows of a low cost shipper that would bring it out east.

The parts are going to save two other cars. Parts of the front clip are for Juergen's factory 6 and the rear clip is going to Canada to save Doug Brownridge's very badly rusted and damaged 914-4.
Cracker
I wish I had known back in July...I was in WA with my son and drove through MN on the way home. Too late now but we would have done it for you...

T
JRust
Craig isn't far from me. Unfortunately I have no trailer & no space to store it for you confused24.gif . I would love to bring it out to Route 66 as my car isn't coming. Well neither am I at this point sad.gif . I do have a truck for hauling if someone local has a place to store it for you. So guess I can't do much more than say I am willing to help in some form & only an hour from Craig
cary
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Sep 1 2017, 05:52 PM) *

move the car east a couple hundred miles. If anyone can help I would need to schedule a time to come get it from you.

The parts are going to save two other cars. I'm all about that.

I'm in ............... Truck and choice of trailer. Open or enclosed.

A couple hundred miles doesn't seem like enough from this end ..............
Which route do you usually come across ?
A Saturday works best for me ................ would like to get it done before the snow flies.
rick 918-S
QUOTE(cary @ Sep 2 2017, 09:56 AM) *

QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Sep 1 2017, 05:52 PM) *

move the car east a couple hundred miles. If anyone can help I would need to schedule a time to come get it from you.

The parts are going to save two other cars. I'm all about that.

I'm in ............... Truck and choice of trailer. Open or enclosed.

A couple hundred miles doesn't seem like enough from this end ..............
Which route do you usually come across ?
A Saturday works best for me ................ would like to get it done before the snow flies.

I will send a pm. See if we can work something out.
cary
I have a 2pm appointment at Camp 914 tomorrow to retrieve the tub.
Unobtanium-inc
Sounds like this is taken care of but in case it isn't or someone else is in the same boat with shipping a shell that can't roll onto a car carrier I can offer some advice. We've developed a system to getting shells on car carrier's so you can have any shipper pick it up for normal rates. The cart we built is the width of the car carrier, built with 6 X 6's, and has no flat tires. We've shipped cars across the world using our carts, and given the plans to people we bought shells from and had the carts be successful. I'm attaching some pics of the carts in action, if anyone needs more detailed pics or plans let me know.

---Adam
cary
Click to view attachment
Matty900
QUOTE(Unobtanium-inc @ Sep 30 2017, 07:13 PM) *

Sounds like this is taken care of but in case it isn't or someone else is in the same boat with shipping a shell that can't roll onto a car carrier I can offer some advice. We've developed a system to getting shells on car carrier's so you can have any shipper pick it up for normal rates. The cart we built is the width of the car carrier, built with 6 X 6's, and has no flat tires. We've shipped cars across the world using our carts, and given the plans to people we bought shells from and had the carts be successful. I'm attaching some pics of the carts in action, if anyone needs more detailed pics or plans let me know.

---Adam

Adam,
I am interested in your plans for the carts. I have 2 more cars tho work o and one of them is taking up one of Cary's small trailers right now that he would like to use for other things than my parts car.
Unobtanium-inc
QUOTE(Matty900 @ Oct 1 2017, 04:21 PM) *

QUOTE(Unobtanium-inc @ Sep 30 2017, 07:13 PM) *

---Adam

Adam,
I am interested in your plans for the carts. I have 2 more cars tho work o and one of them is taking up one of Cary's small trailers right now that he would like to use for other things than my parts car.

If you don't need to get the shell onto a car carrier your life is much simpler, I have carts for trailers too, much smaller and easier to make. Let me know what you need to do and I can get you the right info.
rick 918-S
QUOTE(cary @ Oct 1 2017, 05:34 PM) *

beerchug.gif thank you sir! Phase one mission accomplished! beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.