Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: La Tuna Fire
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Ed_Turbo
Anyone found ashes on their car today from the fire? Pretty wild. Frikin heat always cause brush fires here in Los Angeles County.
914_7T3

Click to view attachment
hndyhrr
Don't live near LA but up here in southern oregon we have ash on cars for over a week and the smoke is horrible!!!!
amfab
Yes, in the Hollywood Hills and out in Calabasas
7TPorsh
This fire is in a bad place... close to Leamon
andys
La Tuna - This is somewhat close to Leamon. Hope it's all good. I'm 15 miles away, and the wind carried ash into Canyon Country this afternoon.

Andys
Ed_Turbo
Crazy stuff. I was at Glendora yesterday and I saw two planes scooping up water at the Santa Fe Dam I think.
Maltese Falcon
This pic appears in the LAFD handbook for hillside dwellings dealing with " Brush Clearence ". The still recognizable 911 Targa was a victim of the '93 Malibu fire. We should check up on Leamon on Sunday see if he needs anything Click to view attachment
914-300Hemi
Leamon posted on FB that he was okay
whitetwinturbo
..........no ashes in Newport but weird grey overcast....feels like HI
Unpretentious
The Central Cal Sierras are ablaze with 5 fires to the east and northeast of us. Looks like fog, but hurts when you breathe. The Peak and Mission fires kicked off yesterday afternoon. Friends living near Northfork had to evacuate. Please keep the Mercado's in your prayers.
hndyhrr
here ya go

https://www.fireweatheravalanche.org/fire/
Maltese Falcon
LAFD, Burbank, Glendale FD and assistance from other California counties put a 30% containment the to La Tuna Cyn fire today. My nephew and family were on standby evacuation...but no orders given to go. Close call, but 4 other homes were lost. NO fatalities, and several dehydrated firefighters. This was a bad one for L.A., but the worst was Bel Air fire Nov. '61; 484 homes lost and 16,090 acres burned, no deaths. That was when brush clearence ordinance was only 30' from any structure headbang.gif
Marty
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.