Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My 914 project garage cam.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Dr. Roger
I setup my server in my garage and got it wireless'd via router and card.
I know there's abunch of techies here and I bet someone has a god suggestion as to which program would be best to run my camera and just leave the thing on 24/7.

My brain stops at NetMeeting.

biggrin.gif Is there anything that might go well with Windows Advanced Server 2000???? biggrin.gif

If I know other 914 people are watching my progress I will probably me more motivated to get 'er done.... beerchug.gif

I know i'll probably also have to take more shi* from you guys but at least that's good shi*.... HA!
Jake Raby
Damn- I'd love to have one on full time in my dyno room- especially during R&D testing with possibly a feed from the datalogger right to the screen??? Any ideas?
skline
Most web camera's like mine is a Logitech QuickCam Pro 4000 come with web cam software. It is set up to run and broadcast out to the web. I have not really played with it but there is a lot of options for you. One would be maybe Yahoo Messenger, it has a broadcast mode built in and people can view it at any time. Just an idea.
vortrex
just get something like webcam32.

http://www.webcam32.com/

for $40 you can do streaming video/audio and easily incorporate it into a webpage for viewing purposes.
Aaron Cox
make sure you use ceramic lifters with your garage cam wink.gif

ok. that was a lame attempt at humor.....
back to my shell sad.gif lol2.gif
neo914-6
QUOTE (rogergrubb @ May 19 2005, 11:12 AM)
I know i'll probably also have to take more shi* from you guys but at least that's good shi*.... HA!

just give warning when you wear the leather jock strap... laugh.gif
Joe Bob
Yeah..the chaffing marks will make A-ron all queezeylike....
Rand
The simplest solution is a webcam with a built in web server. Even the wireless ones are getting cheap now.

Here's an example

More
Dr. Roger
Holy crap, that DCS-5300G is one badass camera.
Built in server. Register it with DNS servers! Oh yea' baby!!!! Great ideas, thanks!!!
I'l give Yahoo IM a try first this evening just to see what something free can do... biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.