Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Price check - brakes
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
gulf908
I am trying to sell some odd rear brake parts with some lack of sucess

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...=313315&hl=

Can someone give me a ballpark price I should be asking given the mixed bag I have.
Unfortunately there is a lack of market here in AUS for anything 914 as there are few cars here.
These should be useful to someone on this forum rather than throwing them out in the bin

advice please
Dennis
mepstein
the only part that has any real value is the 914-6 caliper. lets say $1000 for a pair. so just one is worth less than half price since it will be very difficult to source the match, lets say $400. then subtract shipping thats $100 more than you pay in the US. So now we are at $300 for the caliper.
So if you want to make this stuff go away, I think you are looking at $200-300.

PMB Performance might be a buyer at the low end of the price range.
bdstone914
QUOTE(mepstein @ Sep 3 2017, 03:02 AM) *

the only part that has any real value is the 914-6 caliper. lets say $1000 for a pair. so just one is worth less than half price since it will be very difficult to source the match, lets say $400. then subtract shipping thats $100 more than you pay in the US. So now we are at $300 for the caliper.
So if you want to make this stuff go away, I think you are looking at $200-300.

PMB Performance might be a buyer at the low end of the price range.

agree.gif Or you might put it on Ebay to attract a larger audience
burton73
Bruce is right. Someone in Europe may want the 6 caliper. The 4 calipers is not worth the shipping for the core in less you have no weight all you can put in a box like we have in the USA. That is the way PMP ships their calipers out.

EBay is 10% to them when and if it sells. The good thing is no listing fee.
I have some old 1965 911-chain towers and covers that are worthless to me but rare to a guy that needs them. That is no one it seems as it was so few of them and they do not wear out. I just put them up for a month at a time at the no fee listing and have OBO on it and keep lowering the price.
It will be a bigger hassle letting people know what the freight will be.

Bob B
gulf908
thanks for the input guys
I'll try again at a lower price

thx
Dennis
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.