Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sacramento Area
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Robnxious
I notice that other areas of the country do this, and from looking at just active posters on the board, I believe there are a decent number of 914 owners in the region. I haven't been able to find any meetups (except for the AX events, which I am saving until next year). So I was thinking "Why not see if anyone else is interested"

Well, anyone else interested? I know it's too freaking hot out this weekend, but temps are coming down so maybe even a drive or two if anyone knows any great routes.

Let me know

Rob

Andyrew
There is typically a bay area breakfadt every few months, but I know there are quite a lot of cars in the sac area. Probably get a big turnout. Maybe a meet at the go cart track?
Robnxious
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Sep 3 2017, 08:09 AM) *

There is typically a bay area breakfadt every few months, but I know there are quite a lot of cars in the sac area. Probably get a big turnout. Maybe a meet at the go cart track?

That's what I was thinking. I know they have the breakfasts out in the East Bay and I have thought about going there, but just haven't done it due to distance. I think it would at least start out with a decent turnout. Heck worth a shot, right? beer3.gif
flat4guy
A few of us meet at Cars and Coffee Folsom on Saturdays - not always with our 914s but we are there......let me know.
Robnxious
QUOTE(flat4guy @ Sep 3 2017, 11:32 AM) *

A few of us meet at Cars and Coffee Folsom on Saturdays - not always with our 914s but we are there......let me know.

Sounds like a plan, I just found their page on Facebook and I will see you and others there hopefully!
ConeDodger
It's funny. A few years ago I had the Sacramento Porsche Family Reunion thing at the donut shop in Fair Oaks. I was just at the donut shop Tuesday morning and they asked me if we were ever going to do that again. Problem was, no one stepped up when I moved to Reno.
If you want, I can get you the permission.
Robnxious
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Sep 3 2017, 12:55 PM) *

It's funny. A few years ago I had the Sacramento Porsche Family Reunion thing at the donut shop in Fair Oaks. I was just at the donut shop Tuesday morning and they asked me if we were ever going to do that again. Problem was, no one stepped up when I moved to Reno.

Sure, I mean, I doubt there is a ton of stuff that needs to be done, though those are often famous last words. Sure, I'll step up
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Robnxious @ Sep 3 2017, 05:22 PM) *

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Sep 3 2017, 12:55 PM) *

Sure, I mean, I doubt there is a ton of stuff that needs to be done, though those are often famous last words. Sure, I'll step up

Literally almost nothing. Pick a date. Usually first or last Saturday or Sunday. Pick a time. I used 9am to Noon. Promote on here and make a Facebook page to promote it on. The donut shop/deli is at the corner of Fair Oaks Blvd and San Juan. Over the three years I held the event, the least we had was a dozen cars and the most probably 25-30. I also had a swap meet one month and we held a BBQ at one of the guys houses one month.
ConeDodger
I forgot to mention, if you ever have a weekend you can't make it, Jim Dupree (jcd914) lives literally 5 blocks away from the donut shop. He's a great help. Just don't let him drive your 914! poke.gif

914sgofast2
QUOTE(flat4guy @ Sep 3 2017, 11:32 AM) *

I second doing a meetup at the Folsom Cars and Coffee -- maybe next Saturday, Sept 9th?
Robnxious
Works for me. Folsom Coffee and Cars at 7 AM next Saturday
914sgofast2
QUOTE(Robnxious @ Sep 4 2017, 11:00 AM) *

Works for me. Folsom Coffee and Cars at 7 AM next Saturday

I guess no one in the Sacramento area is interested. I have the only one here.
green914
Got there late this morning driving.gif all the other 914s had already left. I plan to go again next Saturday.
Robnxious
QUOTE(green914 @ Sep 9 2017, 02:05 PM) *

Got there late this morning driving.gif all the other 914s had already left. I plan to go again next Saturday.

I had planned on going as well Jerry, but as I told 914sgofast2 in a PM, I had an above ground pool blow out when I woke up this AM, and have been dealing with that all day so far. Of COURSE the water had to go in the one direction that there was anything important in, right? I hope to be there next weekend, but the weekend after is out for me. And then mine is going off the road for a week or so and coming back w/ a surprise! driving.gif
ConeDodger
I should come over for one of those. A couple of my buddies are regulars. 1 1/2 hour drive each way. Bonus windy roads if I take 50 back...
flat4guy
I was working the Sacto Swap Meet today otherwise I would have been there, I see a yellow one showed up.
I'm up for the donut shop GTG, it's a good place to eat.
Click to view attachment
ConeDodger
QUOTE(flat4guy @ Sep 9 2017, 09:06 PM) *

I was working the Sacto Swap Meet today otherwise I would have been there, I see a yellow one showed up.
I'm up for the donut shop GTG, it's a good place to eat.
Click to view attachment

I think Jerry would argue that the yellow one you saw was green. Since he calls himself green914! LOL!! av-943.gif
green914
Ravenna Green!
Robnxious
Your car is Ravenna Green Jerry? Too bad, I read on the interwebs that the yellow ones are the fastest poke.gif
flat4guy
I meant green, maybe spell check changed it to yellow. smile.gif
green914
QUOTE(flat4guy @ Sep 9 2017, 06:48 PM) *

lol-2.gif

ConeDodger
QUOTE(flat4guy @ Sep 9 2017, 10:48 PM) *

What? confused24.gif that's possible right? blink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.