Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Are there any Long Island, NY 914 Enthusiasts out there?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914EURO
Hi there, it seems that there are many of those interested in the 914 on the West Coast, the Midwest but I hardly ever see any enthusiasts on Long Island in New York. Are any of you out there? Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place. Give a shout out and state your town. I'm near Bellport, NY.

Steve
Big Len
Porschef is in Setauket.
Porschef

welcome.png

bye1.gif

Porschef

welcome.png

bye1.gif

burton73
Sorry,

Welcome To The World welcome.png

Bob B
bretth
Don't live on LI any more but ended up coming back for a visit when I bought my car in Nassau.

Brett
914itis
I am in Baldwin NY
914EURO
Well it seems that there are at least a few people on Long Island into the 914's.
One of these days we should arrange a cars and coffee ( I'm tea smile.gif ) and try to meet up.
I just got my Teener about a month ago and I'm doing some misc sorting. Always something I guess. It's my 2nd 914 (1st a '73 and now a '74) and both originated from Oregon. So many 914ers on the West Coast but maybe we can build a following here.
We have some beautiful roads especially headed out east in wine country and way out to Montauk. Could be fun.
Porschef
No canyon carvin' going on around here, but we got plenty of soccer moms in minivans and SUV's to dodge... laugh.gif

Best season is just starting, driving out east is always pleasant, with the exception of October weekends with all the FPP's

11tenths
welcome.png

You won't often see 914s in the wild here on the Island, most likely the result of winter road salting and our lovely ocean breezes.

Interestingly though, the location shoot for one of the 914 dealer brochures was none other than our sorely missed Bridgehampton Race Track.

The rockers on that car probably already started rusting on the drive back from the East End...

I'm slowly working on getting my car back on the road after a little 'detailing', so if you see another yellow car drive by, give it a wave!

bye1.gif driving.gif aktion035.gif

-Harry
iankarr
There are a bunch of us in Westchester. Maybe we organize a NY metro area gathering?
914EURO
QUOTE(cuddyk @ Sep 4 2017, 10:57 PM) *

There are a bunch of us in Westchester. Maybe we organize a NY metro area gathering?

That's a great idea, although I'm still sorting through some minor (hopefully) issues at the moment.

Nice Ravenna Green.

Steve
914EURO
QUOTE(914itis @ Sep 4 2017, 06:41 AM) *

I am in Baldwin NY

Nassau County. That's closer than California. Lol
I've not seen one 914 out here in Suffolk.

Steve
bretth
QUOTE(914EURO @ Sep 4 2017, 11:30 PM) *

QUOTE(914itis @ Sep 4 2017, 06:41 AM) *

I am in Baldwin NY

Nassau County. That's closer than California. Lol
I've not seen one 914 out here in Suffolk.

Steve

Used to live in Islip for many years. Only remember seeing one 914 in all that time. I believe it was a /6 too. Someone else told me there was a white 914 around Islip for years but I never came across it.

Brett
Bob L.
Does Freeport, Hauppauge, Holbrook, Stony Brook and Smithtown count? I've lived all over that Island....

But now I'm in Austin.

beer.gif
914EURO
QUOTE(Bob L. @ Sep 5 2017, 11:18 PM) *

Does Freeport, Hauppauge, Holbrook, Stony Brook and Smithtown count? I've lived all over that Island....

But now I'm in Austin.

beer.gif

Oh yeah, that counts definitely, but since you left, there's hardly anyone left presently.
Porschef
Bob, I drive through three of those towns on my way to work every day. I grew up in Stony Brook. Ain't never been to Austin. Amarillo, yes... biggrin.gif

Steve, if your car is running alright you should consider the Aircooled show on the 16th. Not a bad trip, and a fun show, looks like a pretty good 914 turnout is expected.
Big Len
For the L.I guys - https://www.pca.org/inaugural-east-coast-ai...che-celebration
rmital
QUOTE(cuddyk @ Sep 4 2017, 10:57 PM) *

...we used to meet at Bear Mountain Sunday mornings.
or actually, meet on the palisades parkway around exit 5 (gas station in the median, big parking lot), then drive up to Bear Mountain.
would get lots of 911 people too.
rgolia
My teener 74 was purchased at Lester Kays in Southampton. I spent 4 years at Southampton college with it and lived in Montauk. The east end of LI is one of the best areas in the country for beaches, seafood, etc, but the NY City peeps have destroyed it. Great place to enjoy during the fall during the work week when they are making $$$$ in the city.

I moved to San Jose in 1980, so my teener survived a sure death on LI. I now live in pennsyl-tucky. Go to Montauk quite often, but have not taken the teener due to fear of NYC crazy drivers. Would love to hook up while out there though.
914EURO
QUOTE(Porschef @ Sep 6 2017, 06:02 AM) *

Bob, I drive through three of those towns on my way to work every day. I grew up in Stony Brook. Ain't never been to Austin. Amarillo, yes... biggrin.gif

Steve, if your car is running alright you should consider the Aircooled show on the 16th. Not a bad trip, and a fun show, looks like a pretty good 914 turnout is expected.

I'm not quite ready to get out there. I'm sorting through a few issues. Not NYS inspected yet. Thanks for letting me know.

Where is the show being held?
914EURO
QUOTE(rgolia @ Sep 6 2017, 01:16 PM) *

My teener 74 was purchased at Lester Kays in Southampton. I spent 4 years at Southampton college with it and lived in Montauk. The east end of LI is one of the best areas in the country for beaches, seafood, etc, but the NY City peeps have destroyed it. Great place to enjoy during the fall during the work week when they are making $$$$ in the city.

I moved to San Jose in 1980, so my teener survived a sure death on LI. I now live in pennsyl-tucky. Go to Montauk quite often, but have not taken the teener due to fear of NYC crazy drivers. Would love to hook up while out there though.

Still working on some issues. I'm not NYS inspected either, but come Spring, organizing a get together of 914s or meeting would be great to do.

Steve
orclean1
I currently don't own a 914 but I am currently searching for my first . Any leads would be helpful. I live in Great Neck
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.