Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I can Toot again!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Howard
Damn, i love this place. Had been screwing with horn that didn't work. Slits told me all the things to check, I did, and
good news: I became one tootin' SOB
bad news: I couldn't stop tootin'. Pulled fuse

Aaron says, check your fingers. Huh? The contacts behind the wheel hub, stoopid. OK, pulled the wheel, fingers were fine, but PO had used Christmas tree style wires from horn button to ring when he installed Momo, and insulation wore off. Replaced wires and now I can toot whenever I want.
sanman
good, a 914 with out a horn is a speed bumb. ask me how i know
Mark Henry
With that title I thought you were having troubles farting.... laugh.gif
Jenny
Howie, I'm so glad to hear your tooter works again. huh.gif

Jen wink.gif
tat2dphreak
did A-ron help you clear it's path? wink.gif ohmy.gif

aircooledboy
I've noticed as I get older that peeing takes longer than it used to, now I've got to worry about THAT next? ohmy.gif

w00t.gif monkeydance.gif
Aaron Cox
He was complaining that his arthritis was disabling him from pulling the hub,
and Howard, it was a pleasure to help senior citizens like yourself ph34r.gif

ohmy.gif w00t.gif lol2.gif laugh.gif
SLITS
QUOTE(Mark Henry)
With that title I thought you were having troubles farting.... laugh.gif

Howie didn't know he was working on an air horn until he reconnected the tube in his seat.
Toast
Glad the Exlax worked.

lol2.gif
redshift
HORN BLOWS~!

DOES THE DRIVER?!
Howard
Thank you all so much. Jen, you get it! Tooting is the way guys show affection. Guys don't toot around girls they don't love wub.gif

aircooledboy, don't worry. You never lose the knack. But as you get older there are lumps in your toots on occasion icon8.gif

miles, finger.gif

slits, funny you should mention it. Never did care for the 914 tooter. Everyone knows 911 guys have little tooters, but, ya know, 914 guys are different. Anyway, a couple of trips ago to Harbor Freight I picked up Fiamm air horns ($9.95, such a deal). So while the bumper was off, on went my new valence (thanks, Scott) and these puppies. Sounds kinda like AMTRAK, only loud!
xsboost90
mine works but i broke the dag gone metal contact that touches the round copper plate under the steering wheel. Can i replace this or do i need another blinker stalk.
djsinister702
my horn doesnt work...i opened up the steering wheel and found a black wire just hangin there...i plug it in to the steering wheel...still not working?????
any idea?
aircooledboy
QUOTE(Howard)
aircooledboy, don't worry. You never lose the knack. But as you get older there are lumps in your toots on occasion icon8.gif

w00t.gif lol2.gif lol2.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif chairfall.gif

Thanks man, I just shot vodka/tonic out my nose and all over my monitor.

After a 15 hour day, very welcome comic relief. I actually meant the "thanks" part. beerchug.gif
Mark Henry
QUOTE(Howard)

In Canada we call that a "shart" ohmy.gif laugh.gif
Howard
GBL
gambled, but lost wacko.gif
Aaron Cox
what happened to your GT style front valence? with the oil cooler opening?
Howard
QUOTE(Aaron Cox)
what happened to your GT style front valence? with the oil cooler opening?

It's here when you want it, along with the mostly worn out Proxes biggrin.gif

BTW, the 'opening' is in the bumper, not the valence. And Scott wants the other valence I have for the flared fenders. Next time we get together.
Aaron Cox
oh. so you dont have the GT valence (with the complimentary opening)

oh well. see ya soon geezer biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.