Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cool Little Grille Trick
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Ed_Turbo
Saw this on youtube thought I would send the link:

914 Grille Trick

Maybe someone from here posted this? Probably do this in the future in my to-do list. Not for the concours type of course or you will lose points laugh.gif

Oh by the way, dont be like this guy and put tools on top of the car. Buy a fender cover man blink.gif
drifter914
Wow ! That's so obvious, why didn't I think of it ? Actually, should have been made that way originally. I'm going out & do mine right now !
Elliot Cannon
I did mine about ten years ago. Procedure has been around for years. I thought it was in the classic section. If not, it should be. biggrin.gif
sb914
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Sep 4 2017, 01:33 PM) *

I did mine about ten years ago. Procedure has been around for years. I thought it was in the classic section. If not, it should be. biggrin.gif

Me too! and agree.gif
Dave_Darling
There are also quick-releases out there that let you skip the "loosen the bolts" step. I recall they weren't holding up that well over the long term, but the guy who made them was going to change to a different 3D printed material and see if that worked better.

--DD
rhodyguy
Did the mod a long time ago to my lids. Slight rounding/tapering at the ends of the new slots makes re-installing the lid even easier. Btw, I doubt you'd get dinged by CC judges. They'll never see the mod unless you take the lid off or tell them what you've done.
defianty
I saw the video a few months ago and went out and did mine the following day!

I'm sure the guy is a world member, I just don't remember his username.
914forme
Jon Lowe told me to do this trick back in 1993. What is old is new again.

confused24.gif
IronHillRestorations
My trick is to be of compact stature smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.