Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Found a major flaw with the CarbonFiber lids....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mueller
damn things are so nice I have lost almost 20 square feet of storage space since I cannot use my car as a workbench/storage unit anymore screwy.gif
GWN7
Put a protective layer of paint on them.....there is some on ebay for $29 a gal wink.gif biggrin.gif
Mueller
QUOTE (GWN7 @ May 19 2005, 02:14 PM)
Put a protective layer of paint on them.....there is some on ebay for $29 a gal wink.gif biggrin.gif

at least I still have my crappy targa top as a "shelf"..just gotta make sure nothing falls off of it....

don't make fun of the $29 paint blowtorch.gif
redshift
You could make tables out of your old lids.. uhoh... sorry for the project!

smile.gif

M
lapuwali
QUOTE (Mueller @ May 19 2005, 01:12 PM)
damn things are so nice I have lost almost 20 square feet of storage space since I cannot use my car as a workbench/storage unit anymore screwy.gif

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

I have two complete sets of seats, plus 3-4 boxes of spares inside my otherwise gutted Mini, plus piles of boxes on top of it, and various sheets under it, all pushed into a corner of the garage. Once I finally get around to fixing it up to drive again, it'll take me a week to find space for the crap that it's in, on it, and under it first.

I just hope I don't scratch the 912s perfect exterior paint while I finish doing the floors...

Mueller
QUOTE (Sammy @ May 19 2005, 05:01 PM)
Do the CF lids make you get spiked hair and put stickers all over your car and install huge tail pipes? biggrin.gif wavey.gif
J/K

hair is already spiked...well, I don't have enough for it to lay flat rolleyes.gif

TurtleGirl
QUOTE (redshift @ May 19 2005, 05:30 PM)
You could make tables out of your old lids.. uhoh... sorry for the project!

smile.gif

M

Miles, you are not supposed to be posting on other threads.... cool.gif
ewdysar
So the obvious answer is to put your old ones back on and send your CF lids to me.. biggrin.gif But I've already got a set.. clap.gif clap.gif I can't believe that no one else suggested this. slap.gif

Eric
mack914
Our cars may not be running, and the rest of the body may look like dudu, but we have Cf lids and all is well. wub.gif clap.gif aktion035.gif bootyshake.gif w00t.gif smoke.gif
neo914-6
My lids are stored so I still got junk on my hoods. rocking nana.gif
redshift
QUOTE (TurtleGirl @ May 19 2005, 08:06 PM)

Miles, you are not supposed to be posting on other threads.... cool.gif

Why don't you get off that cow!

ohmy.gif

please don't hit me..

m
lybones
QUOTE (Mueller @ May 19 2005, 01:12 PM)

Those lids do look shweet. It's too bad they don't make carbon targa tops. I'd get one for sure.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.