Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need Help Locating
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rmcnab
I have been restoring this car for the past 10 months, the wiring is taking so long I was wondering if there is a reliable source for a new wiring harness. I have been shopping around but really have found bits and pieces. Need some clear direction is a new harness better than working not the one I have? Or should I just keep working oaths one and replace what is needed as I run into issues?
mepstein
Theres no new chassis harness for a 1974-4. If your harness is really hacked up, it probably pays to buy a used one from someone parting out a car. Should be $100-200. If you need a new engine harness, contact Jeff Bolseby (sp?) on this site. I think he's around $400-500.
914Sixer
Jeff is your man for both.
BeatNavy
Jeff Bowlsby for engine / FI wiring harnesses. I installed one of his a couple of years ago, and it's much better than hoping the crackling old wires aren't failing (open or shorted). You can chase too many gremlins if you don't have faith in your wires.

I don't think he does the main chassis harness though.

http://bowlsby.net/914/WiringHarnesses/
Maltese Falcon
We sent Jeff an entire '74 harness as a "Rebuildable core" several years ago. If he still had it, ask him for an estimate on rebuilding it.
GregAmy
I have a complete wiring harness from a 1974 2L. Came in a plastic tub with the car I bought, along with a ton of other parts the guy had taken from a salvage '74 2L.

NO clue about its condition though.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.