Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Car going in the shop this week
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
StratPlayer
Its almost time for my trip with the teener, car is going in a having new cam, lifters etc. When the engine was rebuild about 5K ago, the rebuilder talked me into hyd. set up,, cam, lifters, push rods.

Well enough time has past and I'm not happy with that setup so back with the orginal set up. Car should be ready for my trip the Pacific NW at the end of this month.
tryan
not enought bottom end with the hydro lifters?
Aaron Cox
what are the benefits of solid lifters and cams, vs, hyd. lifters and cams.

hyd = less noise right?
StratPlayer
Reasons for the change,,, don't get me wrong the car runs very good, but suddenly when I stop for a light and the car comes to an idle, the lifters are very noisey, something is going on. I'll know more this week when we get the engine apart and get a good look at whats been happening.

So as soon as I get some kind of feedback on the motor I will keep you posted on whats going on.

I kinda want the engine the way it is supposed to be, and my mechanic agrees. So it will be done this week.
StratPlayer
Follow Up:

Just got back from the shop, good thing that I decided to go back to the solid lifters and cam set up. This what we found, this is a hyd. lifter. Piece came out an the clip that holds it in was still in there but all bent out of whack
StratPlayer
forgot picture argh
Brad Roberts
Yep. happens when they are not adjusted correctly... or you over rev the engine.

B
Aaron Cox
i know what a hyd. lifter looks like- i just want to know what the peformance / operation differences are rolleyes.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.