Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 Help in Michigan?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bbiess
I'd like to purchase a 914, but would like to find some experienced owners who can help ensure I make a smart choice. I live in Michigan and know that there is a 914 club here, in fact I've even seen it referenced in posts on this site, but I'll be damned if I can find their homepage!

Does anyone know of a/the 914 group here in Michigan? Or, are you an experienced, knowledgable 914 owner living in Michigan who wouldn't mind helping a potential 914 owner avoid the purchase of the wrong car?

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Bob Biess
ejm
SMOG is the Southeast Michigan Owners Group...great bunch of guys

I went to Hell with them last year happy11.gif

Check out this link: http://www.porsche914midwestclassic.com/
mack914
I can't believe that they haven't responed by now. They are a bunch of guys alright. They are off to a VW meet this weekend, may not have time for us if they are off trying to impress a bunch of VW duds.
messix
hi.
i just bought my 1st " teener" 2 weeks ago. and did the same thing your doing.

these guys and gals will really help you with the things to look for and the things to look out for.

i had members giving me leads and offering to to check on some for me.

in the end, i had the very able assistance of a club member to go with me [he even went during his lunch to preview the car] to look at and help negotiate the purchase of my car.

welcome and good luck
jim912928
Bob,

I'm in Northern Indiana and met the SMOG group last year at the Midwest Classic (trip to Hell reference above). Get in touch with that group (they'll respond soon) and they will bend over backwards to help you!

Good luck!

and if you want to chat at all..feel free to pm me and we can hook up on the phone.
Tom Perso
I can help out if needed. Shoot me an email with any questions, or we can talk on the phone.

I'd be happy to help and guide where needed!

Tom
TJB/914
Hi Bob,

Sorry for the late reply. Everyone in MI must be sleeping.

Welcome to the 914 world. We have an active group in Michigan. Our SMOG guys are getting together for our first annual kick-off outing this Sunday May 22nd. at the VW meet in Yspilanti, MI. Every year the VW people invite our 914's to attend. If you can attend send me a personal PM and I will tell you more.

Again, welcome. The SMOG guys will help you find that 914. There's about (50) of us both active & in-active in the area.

Tom
Bill Shaw
Im also ready to help out if I can. If you spot a car let me know and I'll be gald to render whatever assistance I can.

Best of luck!
Hawk
Sorry, I was gone for a while.

Ive got a 1971 914 4-sale if youre interested.
Or just wanna talk about a car your checking out. PM me.

Also come this weekend to the Yspilanti VW meet and we can talk in person.

-Richard
groot
I can assist, too. I'm in Dearborn, and certainly have lots of opinions wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.