Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tire and Wheel combinations
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Puebloswatcop
I am looking for suggested Tire and Wheel combinations for my '74 914 with nice new fender flares. It is still in the building phase, but I am just about ready to fit tires and wheels. So any suggestions and photo's would be greatly appreciated. The flares are AA products.

Thanks all. driving.gif
mepstein
Do a search. Multiple threads on this.
Blue6
Nothing beats the old school look of 7 and 8 x 16 Fuchs. Several finishes to choose from. They all look great.
mepstein
QUOTE(Blue6 @ Sep 6 2017, 08:45 PM) *

Nothing beats the old school look of 7 and 8 x 16 Fuchs. Several finishes to choose from. They all look great.

The old school look is 7&8x15. 205 on the front. 225 rear.
Ed_Turbo
Porsche Gotti Wheels. These would convert a Jahobas witness to Islam.
drooley.gif

Click to view attachment
Puebloswatcop
QUOTE(Ed_Turbo @ Sep 6 2017, 08:46 PM) *

drooley.gif

Click to view attachment

Man those are gorgeous.....
JmuRiz
They look great with a white linen suit and loafers w/ no socks biggrin.gif

I'm a fan of 16x7/8 fuchs look in the finish of your choice (stock silver petals or RSR) that suits your car. Better tires available on the 16". 17" would be great, but it just looks a little odd on a 914.
Garland
16 x 9's all 4
(2016 photo)
Click to view attachment
Kansas 914
QUOTE(mepstein @ Sep 6 2017, 06:48 PM) *

agree.gif

7" up front & 8" on rear is the classic GT look. I did that with my flared car but did move to 16" for better tire choices but with a slightly lower tire profile it looks like a 15" and the speedo is very close.

PS: Will you be at Red Rock Classic in Glenwood Springs next week???

Click to view attachment
Andyrew
QUOTE(Puebloswatcop @ Sep 7 2017, 06:21 AM) *

QUOTE(Ed_Turbo @ Sep 6 2017, 08:46 PM) *

drooley.gif

Click to view attachment

Man those are gorgeous.....

I've got two sets loaded with race tires. I have yet to put them on the 914 yet though.
Puebloswatcop
QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Sep 7 2017, 08:58 AM) *

QUOTE(mepstein @ Sep 6 2017, 06:48 PM) *

agree.gif

7" up front & 8" on rear is the classic GT look. I did that with my flared car but did move to 16" for better tire choices but with a slightly lower tire profile it looks like a 15" and the speedo is very close.

PS: Will you be at Red Rock Classic in Glenwood Springs next week???

Click to view attachment

I love this look. Would like to set mine up like this

Not sure if I can make it to Glenwood Springs. It is my grand daughter's first birthday so those plans pretty much trump everything else.
Kansas 914
QUOTE(Puebloswatcop @ Sep 7 2017, 10:29 AM) *

Not sure if I can make it to Glenwood Springs. It is my grand daughter's first birthday so those plans pretty much trump everything else.

I too have a granddaughter and you made the right choice - cheers!
mgp4591
QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Sep 7 2017, 11:16 AM) *

QUOTE(Puebloswatcop @ Sep 7 2017, 10:29 AM) *

I too have a granddaughter and you made the right choice - cheers!

agree.gif
Are you buckin' for a calendar page there Mike?? That's a gorgeous shot! Photoshop the truck outta the background and you've got a winner! first.gif
RJMII
Spacer with lug pattern change... I'll find something later that's not as heavy as these XXR's... but they look good for now.
Kansas 914
QUOTE(mgp4591 @ Sep 7 2017, 11:51 AM) *

Are you for a calendar page there Mike?? That's a gorgeous shot! Photoshop the truck outta the background and you've got a winner! first.gif

idea.gif

I forgot about this picture when the calendar submissions were active (2 year old picture).

I should submit it next year. I will have to have someone with Photoshop skills helps me..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.