Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuel pump electric
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
akellym
My fuel pump is located in the front trunk. I have a 73 1.7 FI. FI is out and I just finished installing dual carbs. My question is.... why is there no power in the line that used to run the FI pump? I would like to use it to supply power to the carb pump. Can power be restored to the line and if not what's the best way to get power and from where?
Cap'n Krusty
Reinstall the computer and EFI and the pump will work .......... Seriously, the pump relay is energized by the ECU, so it ain't gonna happen without some rewiring. If I were you, I'd run a fused wire from a key on power source in the fusebox to the (+) side of the pump, and a ground from the underdash (left side) ground point. You're gonna need a low pressure pump, too. Using a regulated FI pump isn't a question of "if" your gonna have a fire, but "when" it's gonna torch. I use Pierburg pumps, but a lotta folks get those noisy electronic "Facet" pulse pumps. Whatever floats your boat. The Cap'n
akellym
Thanks for the help, I do have a low pres. pump already installed where the old one was. I was just hoping that I could get away with not running new wires.
Mueller
QUOTE (akellym @ May 19 2005, 06:44 PM)
Thanks for the help, I do have a low pres. pump already installed where the old one was. I was just hoping that I could get away with not running new wires.

do a search....SirAndy and fuel pump for key words...he describes with pictures how to utilize the stock relay board with what you are trying to do........
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.