Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: stainless steel chrome look bumpers group buy
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Member Vendors
dr914@autoatlanta.com
perfect fit perfect look for your perfect 914 also have our perfect bumper top seals and perfect bumper guards (how much perfection can a 914 have?? LOL)
We even have the straight cut 70 bumpers for your six or four.

we will do a club group buy for the first 30 people who want them for 1440.00 as set plus shipping to your zip code. We have bumpers immediately in stock, but not 30 sets so first come first served. Please ring us and mention the club buy and we will send. 1 800 792 4944.

Click to view attachment

call us or order on line at autoatlanta.com YOUR 914 world headquarters!
peteyd
Can we see one out of the box?
Mitox
QUOTE(peteyd @ Sep 19 2017, 08:07 PM) *

I second that; please post a couple high quality pics. Especially of the early style rear bumper.

mb911
George what is the price on these? I have brand new tops but no bumpers at the moment.
Kaeferfreund
QUOTE(Mitox @ Sep 20 2017, 03:40 PM) *

QUOTE(peteyd @ Sep 19 2017, 08:07 PM) *

I second that; please post a couple high quality pics. Especially of the early style rear bumper.

Exactly. Would be nice to see the early bumper version. I only know the stainless steel bumpers as a late version (produced in Vietnam (?), but quality was ok).
dr914@autoatlanta.com
Well I just got hell from our shipper for unpacking these, said that there are pictures on our website so why unpack! In no particular order:Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment[attachmentid=621
042]Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
mb911
Wow they look very nice..
Kaeferfreund
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Sep 21 2017, 11:22 PM) *

Well I just got hell from our shipper for unpacking these, said that there are pictures on our website so why unpack! In no particular order:

George, there is no picture of those ones on your website. They are looking nice. How much the set? Around 1,900 USD again?
Were did you manufacture these ones?
dr914@autoatlanta.com
yes 1900 a set with the chrome bumper plug included. Long story made short, when I saw several years ago that Harrington a company in England was making chrome bumpers for the 914, I contacted them about making a quantity, and they said that only once a year did they make them for the 914 as they made them for many other vintage cars as well.
Needing a supply, I contracted with them to make specific tooling for me, and sent bumpers back and forth for awhile until I had good ones, and then did a first run and a second run. I also had them do the rear bumper plug for me.
We are now in the fourth run from my molds. They fit great look great, and certainly enhance the appearance of any 914. We also made the bumper front and rear top seals, the bumper guards and now the driving light and horn grilles to match. The top seals and guards match the original look exactly, but have stainless steel frames inside along with stainless studs. The material is also waterproof so will not absorb water like the old originals. We are most delighted with what we have created, and have some good people doing all of these parts for us

QUOTE(Kaeferfreund @ Sep 23 2017, 05:57 AM) *

QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Sep 21 2017, 11:22 PM) *

Well I just got hell from our shipper for unpacking these, said that there are pictures on our website so why unpack! In no particular order:

George, there is no picture of those ones on your website. They are looking nice. How much the set? Around 1,900 USD again?
Were did you manufacture these ones?
altitude411
So just to be clear... are these chromed stainless or polished stainless bumpers?

"yes 1900 a set with the chrome bumper plug included. Longhttp://www.914world.com/bbs2/style_images/Howard/folder_rte_images/italic.gif story made short, when I saw several years ago that Harrington a company in England was making chrome bumpers[b] for the 914, I contacted them about making a quantity, and they said that only once a year did they make them for the 914 as they made them for many other vintage cars as well."

dr914@autoatlanta.com
polished stainless. We have rechromed used ones as well

QUOTE(altitude411 @ Sep 25 2017, 07:48 PM) *

So just to be clear... are these chromed stainless or polished stainless bumpers?

"yes 1900 a set with the chrome bumper plug included. Longhttp://www.914world.com/bbs2/style_images/Howard/folder_rte_images/italic.gif story made short, when I saw several years ago that Harrington a company in England was making chrome bumpers[b] for the 914, I contacted them about making a quantity, and they said that only once a year did they make them for the 914 as they made them for many other vintage cars as well."

dr914@autoatlanta.com
we are also making package deals if you want to purchase the bumpers with top seal guards driving light grilles and hardware. PLENTY of the bumpers in stock, this coming week
mb911
Its too bad I have everything but the bumpers new sitting on the shelf or I would be in.. Great looking bumpers.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
plenty of stainless bumpers bumper top seals, bumper guards rear license plate lights and very soon horn and driving light grills in stock Don't wait buy your chrome bumper update kit in time for spring driving and car shows
mb911
George,

Would you consider a group buy on these? I know a bunch of folks want them but were waiting on the other group buy and can't or won't spend 1900 on a set..
dr914@autoatlanta.com
I would if you put it together and it included the bumper top seal as well

QUOTE(mb911 @ Jan 20 2018, 03:44 PM) *

George,

Would you consider a group buy on these? I know a bunch of folks want them but were waiting on the other group buy and can't or won't spend 1900 on a set..

mb911
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Jan 22 2018, 07:30 AM) *

I would if you put it together and it included the bumper top seal as well

QUOTE(mb911 @ Jan 20 2018, 03:44 PM) *

George,

I could but I doubt I can make it happen with the top seals.. I for one have brand new ones sitting in a box waiting for bumpers biggrin.gif
timothy_nd28
George, that's awfully generous of you. So a group buy with your new stainless front and rear bumpers along with top seals for $914 dollars, I'm in! biggrin.gif Would that include shipping?
dr914@autoatlanta.com
Thank you for the what I call, overwhelming response. We have now sold 13 sets and have 17 sets still available. After the 30 are sold we will return to the regular price but will still have plenty in stock. Please remember these are from OUR Harrington molds so are perfect fit. We also have the bumper top seals, the bumper guards, the license plate lights, the driving light kits, and even the chrome horn grilles!
dr914@autoatlanta.com
sales are slowing down a bit, so we still have 11 sets left for anyone who wants to take advantage of the group buy. Simply call and mention the club discount.

Bartlett 914
I received mine. Pictures are worthless. The bumpers are beautiful. I will install them later this Winter or in the Spring. I am not expecting issues. Thanks for doing this George!
dr914@autoatlanta.com
four sets left! Group buy will end Feb 28th
mikecliff2
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Feb 12 2018, 10:26 AM) *

Hey, I called your 800 number today. They were not honoring the $914 price sets for the bumpers. I would like 2 sets. How should I proceed to get the discount? You can reply to me in this forum or email me directly at mikecliff2@gmail.com. Thanks.

Look forward to hearing from you soon,
Mike
mb911
QUOTE(mikecliff2 @ Feb 12 2018, 05:50 PM) *

Hey, I called your 800 number today. They were not honoring the $914 price sets for the bumpers. I would like 2 sets. How should I proceed to get the discount? You can reply to me in this forum or email me directly at mikecliff2@gmail.com. Thanks.

Mike

I don't think they were 914 a set otherwise George would have sold a 100 sets instantly but they were priced very attractive though. I would have bought had I not been so far away from being done.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
They are 1440 a set and we have one set left

QUOTE(mikecliff2 @ Feb 12 2018, 06:50 PM) *

Mike

dr914@autoatlanta.com
thank all of you for participating and your business, the group buy is now over. 2/15/18
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.